hand-carrying onto airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkkoh

May 24, 2004
Jurong West
What's the latest on the hand-carrying policy for boarding planes? If I remember, each passenger can only have 1 hand-carry, although many times this policy is waived.

I will be going on a trip, and will be bringing my laptop and DSLR. Definitely want to hand-carry them in. However, I don't have a bag big enough to hold both equipment together, so I will have 2 bags. Will there be a problem boarding the plane?

The bags are likely to be:
1. Crumpler 15 Love
2. A back-pack or laptop bag for my 15.4" laptop.

Thanks,

I don't think it will be a problem.

What's the latest on the hand-carrying policy for boarding planes? If I remember, each passenger can only have 1 hand-carry, although many times this policy is waived.

I will be going on a trip, and will be bringing my laptop and DSLR. Definitely want to hand-carry them in. However, I don't have a bag big enough to hold both equipment together, so I will have 2 bags. Will there be a problem boarding the plane?

The bags are likely to be:
1. Crumpler 15 Love
2. A back-pack or laptop bag for my 15.4" laptop.

I fly in and out of SG all the time... coming back on may 4-12 again. no problem :) I handcarry my lowepro minitrekker aw filled with camera stuff... and my fujitsu notebook bag :) always no prob~ hehe even done that and carried a paper bag... also can! *smile*

What about tripods? can that be hand carry too? does it need to be sealed inside a tripod bag?

oh yeah, forgot to mention. my tripod usually attached to my bag. last round i brought my monopod. shouldn't be a problem. secure it to your bag or sth... if not check it in with ur luggage (inside ur luggage) :)

jeffhiew said:
What about tripods? can that be hand carry too? does it need to be sealed inside a tripod bag?

I know it can be hand carried, cause i hand carried mine. ;)

No problem at all. Don't worry too much.

Get the new Lowepro Computrekker Plus AW!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One bag fits all!! :bsmilie: Got mine at Cathay abt $175. The bag which you can dump almost everything in.

CompuTrkPlusAW_left_equip_n.jpg

CompuTrkPlusAW_rt_stuffed_N.jpg

If you find it too heavy to carry it around in the airport, you can always get a roller (costs abt $30 at travel shops). It becomes Roller Computrekker AW! Haha....

Haha.... At least I did that and it saved me 100 bucks to get the roller computrekker! ;p

One personal bag (can be laptop bag) is allowed apart from the one handluggage.......apparently, that perosonal bag is not considered handluggage :)

And I always carry my tripod like an M16.........they think I am an air marshall....everybody feels safe.

HS

i carry my nature trekker peacefully. No problem.
But i never bring my tripod though. I won't need it anyway on the plane :D

thanks, pple. actually, this is a biz trip but I thought may be a good opp to go there to take some pixs. I can afford to have my laptop or camera check in.

thankfully, I don't think I need to bring a tripod.

arttl said:
Yes. No prob at all. :)

what about Crumpler Farmer Double - can it be hand-carried in, and does it fit into the compartment?

ParkertR said:
I fly in and out of SG all the time... coming back on may 4-12 again. no problem :) I handcarry my lowepro minitrekker aw filled with camera stuff... and my fujitsu notebook bag :) always no prob~ hehe even done that and carried a paper bag... also can! *smile*

Yo ParkerTR, when you come back, let's come out for a drink and do a small nature or street shoot leh! Missed you in Thailand that time so "repay" back lah. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.