Hand Carry Check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a Compuprimus AW, so I would pull the laptop sleeve out and sling it when checking in and getting my boarding pass. Never got stopped, and the Compuprimus looks huge. I am a big guy though, so maybe it doesn't look too huge on me.

I cheat sometimes by using a fairly large waist pouch. They did not bother with the pouch. But the outback 200 is really pushing it.

Thread kena hijack already la. My hand carry luggage how la.... I took out stuff from my check in to stuff into my backpack loh. Die la... haha. how to pack for 1 year -_- with 30kg limit.

Should have flown SIA -_-

Thread kena hijack already la. My hand carry luggage how la.... I took out stuff from my check in to stuff into my backpack loh. Die la... haha. how to pack for 1 year -_- with 30kg limit.

Should have flown SIA -_-

I've seen SIA weigh hand carry also. Really depends on your luck.

The more it looks like you are carrying, the bigger chance they will weigh your stuff. If you stuff all your stuff in a single backpack, and make sure you do not show that it feels heavy on your back, you should be able to get away with it. But with the outback, and all those other things, lidat how ar?

Dude it is still not too cold there rite? Lose some of your winter clothing and go buy it there loh. Paying for overweight baggage is more expensive.

why not hand carry your jacket so that your backpack does not look bulky and heavy? u can even bring a small bag to put your camera stuff so that you can have 2 smaller bags instead of 1 big bag? usually you can carry one additional bag besides your backpack right?

why not hand carry your jacket so that your backpack does not look bulky and heavy? u can even bring a small bag to put your camera stuff so that you can have 2 smaller bags instead of 1 big bag? usually you can carry one additional bag besides your backpack right?

no no no. not one additional bag besides the backpack. It is one additional personal item with backpack.

Complex bro, you should just wing it. Most of the time airlines are very gracious towards students. If you run into problems, just tell them you are a student. Usually they will let you off.

No no no. Camera with attached lens as personal item.

Lol ot. So, Sigma 150mm + 6x extension tube + R1C1 + angle finder on D90 with grip considered camera with attenched lens? hehe

Anyway thanks for all the concern. I'll be gone in 3 hours, and when i get there, it will sort itself out. cheers for all the input. It has helped calm my nerves down somewhat. Haha. More packing to do now.!!

Complex bro, you should just wing it. Most of the time airlines are very gracious towards students. If you run into problems, just tell them you are a student. Usually they will let you off.

Cheers! yeah i figured i'll just pull off the "but i'm a student and i'm going to be there for 1 year" move haha.~~

SIA states that you are allowed to carry onboard the articles listed below FOC, over and above your free baggage allowance:

- A lady’s handbag
- An overcoat
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A laptop or notebook computer
- A small camera
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight and infant’s carrying basket
- A pair of crutches and/or other prosthetic devices for the passenger’s use provided the passenger is dependent upon them

i think it's ok to bring another small bag for such stuff, but TS has more than 1 laptop.. so i dunno if his bag is big as it needs to contain 2 laptops..

Haha thanks Reuters for caring. But what i'm carrying.. is way way more than that haha. I got a FULL rover plus AW, and a FULL outback 200 as hand carry. Will be interesting tomorrow, thats why i'm reaching the moment check-in is available. HAHA.

Don't worry bout me, now i'm trying to stuff at much instant noodles into my bags. ROFL.

SIA states that you are allowed to carry onboard the articles listed below FOC, over and above your free baggage allowance:

- A lady’s handbag
- An overcoat
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A laptop or notebook computer
- A small camera
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight and infant’s carrying basket
- A pair of crutches and/or other prosthetic devices for the passenger’s use provided the passenger is dependent upon them

i think it's ok to bring another small bag for such stuff, but TS has more than 1 laptop.. so i dunno if his bag is big as it needs to contain 2 laptops..

no problem.. i have the CompuRover AW and i will be using for my europe trip next month.. now i'm thinking of getting the Outback 200 as the Inverse 200 doesn't really fit my stuff though.. ;)

how much did you get the Outback 200?

anyway have a enjoyable and safe flight..

Too late. =_=

So long as the bags don't make you look smaller than them, there shouldn't be a problem. My bf used to carry 10+ kg backpack on board too but never got stopped. But if he asked me to carry, oh well, immediately weighing. :bsmilie:

Point is, you must not look like you are carrying heavy stuffs. Another time I got on board with 1 backpack, 3-4 paper bags (all snacks!) and one teddy bear (half my size). Airport staff told me I got to pay for the bear, as in, get him an air ticket. =_="

Looks like you already in the airport at this moment.
How was your packing ? :)

My concern is, do you need to bring your lenses to Europe all at once ?
Maybe you can bring some later when you back to Singapore. Or ask your parents to bring it along while visiting you in Europe :)

Last edited:
Looks like you already in the airport at this moment.
How was your packing ? :)

My concern is, do you need to bring your lenses to Europe all at once ?
Maybe you can bring some later when you back to Singapore. Or ask your parents to bring it along while visiting you in Europe :)

Nope, not returning to singapore, and nope parents not visiting.
Advise, walking through dubai for 14 hours with almost 20kg load is very tiring. Will sweat untill drown your camera. dun bother HAHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.