Halogen bulbs and cooling filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

tSkye

Nov 8, 2005
Farrer Park
I'm looking for those two pin halogen bulbs, 12V GY-6.35 types. So far my neighbourhood stalls have stocks of 10, 20 and 35W bulbs. However, I'm looking for these bulbs in the region of 100W types. Any one knows of stores that provide such high wattage kinds? Your assistance would really be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have idea idea where I can find dichroic filters that will adjust the lighting to approx 5200 to 5600K? Best would be cooling filters or sheets that are thin and can be cut out and adjusted according to size.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Found an Osram bulb 90W but no Phillips 100W anywhere.

Dichroic filters still at a loss...

you want the light and the filter, it would be much simple just get a old color enlarger head and to mod it.

btw, without cooling fan, the bulb will cook any type of filters in less than 5 sec.

Thanks Benjamin for the advice.

It's true about the heat issues I do agree. My lamp actually has a glass diffusion filter on it working fine, but the colors too warm so I was looking for something to change the light to a more daylight feel. Sadly, the company doesn't sell any dichroic attachments apart from the diffusion one. :(

Will check out the color enlarger head. Thanks.

if you only use one type of light source, why don't consider using a filter for lens instead of a filter for light?

if you only use one type of light source, why don't consider using a filter for lens instead of a filter for light?

thought of that. but it's actually a mixture of halogen lamps and daylight.

Why not use gels instead like they do in the TV/film production industry. To convert Halogens to 5600K requires a Full CTB gel. This will reduce output by about 2 stops though. You can get the gels here: http://www.cine-equipment.com/contactsg.htm

Solid suggestion. Thanks for the link.

Phillips 100W, Home-Fix?

I got the Osram ones from Home-Fix. They do not sell Phillips. But I think it's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.