halo mark

twisted illusion

Dec 4, 2008
hi, can any one tell me under what situation the 'halo mark' is formed.. (some where below the tv image)

is it due to lousy filters used..

if so, what is a better than normal filter than wont cause this mark.. currently using marumi uv filter.. under strong back lite i some times also get this 'halo mark'...

thanks and cheers...

GNK_0255.JPG

hi, can any one tell me under what situation the 'halo mark' is formed.. (some where below the tv image)

is it due to lousy filters used..

if so, what is a better than normal filter than wont cause this mark.. currently using marumi uv filter.. under strong back lite i some times also get this 'halo mark'...

thanks and cheers...

GNK_0255.JPG

I think the one in the image is call ghosting.....caused by the filter. All filters can cause ghosting, just that if it's easier to get/see "ghost" on your image or not. More expensive filters doesn't mean that you won't get this ghosting, just that it will reduce the possibility of ghosting.

For a higher grade filter, you can look into Hoya Pro1D or B+W (got other names too). But OTOH, it may not be worth that much to get a high end filter if your lens is cheap as some filters cost > $100.

Read this article for more info of Filters http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/803029-Newbie-Guide-to-Filters

hi skystrike... thks so much...

hi skystrike... thks so much...

just remove your filter. Why are you shooting with it on when you're not even in a situation where the lens might need protection?

I'm new in here, Hope to enjoy this forum.

And why do you post into an old thread for this 'I'm here'?

Looks like the classic spambots... The nick is in the usual format. :p