Halfmoon Plakat (Black Copper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyW

Feb 7, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
Hi, I recently shot Halfmoon Plakat (Black Copper).

From my friend's advice, fish lovers are more interested in the tails and fins when they flare. so I purposely blur the head part alittle to bring out the fins more. C&C welcomed!

HalfmoonPlakatBlackCopper.jpg

is it me or is the picture missing? :dunno:

eh, your fish swam away...

i cant see too

Hi, I recently shot Halfmoon Plakat (Black Copper).

From my friend's advice, fish lovers are more interested in the tails and fins when they flare. so I purposely blur the head part alittle to bring out the fins more. C&C welcomed!

HalfmoonPlakatBlackCopper.jpg

Actually i would prefer the fish in focus. Do not see how keeping the head oof will make the picture stand out. :dunno:

The fish is also placed a little too much to the right of the picture

Maybe i am not a fish lover

Ryan

Try to take with a flash placed above and like some had mentioned, the pix will look better when it is in focus.

Ok noted. So overall is I need a light source from above and to focus the whole fish?

Not sure about the blurring of the head, but the tail seems overly sharpened... never seen the real fish before though...

Not sure about the blurring of the head, but the tail seems overly sharpened... never seen the real fish before though...
overly sharpened? I didnt do anything to the tail though. I manual focus while shooting it :)

Ah... then the fish looks like that... will pay some attention if I pass by an aquarium... thanks!

Hi guys, Seems like very little comments... please do drop some comments so I can improve this kind of shots? Thanks alot!

The black parts of the tails and fins blended into the background. This is a negative point for such shots. Would love to have more DOF for the picture though. Macro shots should have the eyes in focus, up to you though... ;)

The black parts of the tails and fins blended into the background. This is a negative point for such shots. Would love to have more DOF for the picture though. Macro shots should have the eyes in focus, up to you though... ;)
Noted! Thanks!

as in composition wise, too little head room for the fish, so looks like the fish has already swam away.

we will look at eyes of all creatures first, so you need to get the eyes in focus.

lighting wise, place your flash above the fish (tank), shoot it with off camera flash will get better and more natural lighting.

Hope this help.

as in composition wise, too little head room for the fish, so looks like the fish has already swam away.

we will look at eyes of all creatures first, so you need to get the eyes in focus.

lighting wise, place your flash above the fish (tank), shoot it with off camera flash will get better and more natural lighting.

Hope this help.
Thanks for your comments!

I guess the more important thing to note is to put the head into focus from what I understand from your reply. Lightning wise I am still trying around. I using the popup flash from my 40D and garyfong puffer popup flash diffuser. :)

Besides the framing as mentioned above by others, i also feel the colours is a bit over done. Did you boost your contrast? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.