Hakuba Ultra Strong Anti-Fungus Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletonman

Sep 14, 2007
Singapore
Just how good this is if to compare to silicon gel. Will be using it for my 6 days trip in Vietnam. Normal sillicon gel will do? Or is there any other better products on the market that I could dump it in my camera bag?

yap, cheap and effective.
spend over a month on a boat using this with no porblems.

6 days? don bother la, unless your camera is 24/7 thru out the whole 6 days in a dark and humid place...

6 days? don bother la, unless your camera is 24/7 thru out the whole 6 days in a dark and humid place...

LOL....I don't know how fast the rate that fungus can multiply lol..thats why wanted to know more..

Hungry hippos has those that comes in sachet. The powder is inside and turns to gel when saturated so it wont leak like the container ones.

Hungry hippos has those that comes in sachet. The powder is inside and turns to gel when saturated so it wont leak like the container ones.

Ohh..ok...Thanks for the info. Btw its available in NTUC or Cold storage right?

I use this + hungry hippo pack for my trip to US. No problem for 2 weeks.

How come you needed it for the U.S.? What was the humidity at that time? Fungal spore are everywhere but moisture speeds up their replication, so in drier countries won't really need any especially if its short term. Also if you are actively using your lens, the UV light passing through can reduce fungal growth if i'm not wrong.

If you are using your camera and lenses for 4 or so days of your 6 day trip, then it is very unlikely that you will face problems with fungus. It is only if you store your body/lenses for weeks on end and not using them that you may have a problem with fungus. Look at the pros - they use their cameras almost daily and they don't bother with dry cabinets and so on and they don't have problems with fungus. The main thing is to use your cameras.

If you are using your camera and lenses for 4 or so days of your 6 day trip, then it is very unlikely that you will face problems with fungus. It is only if you store your body/lenses for weeks on end and not using them that you may have a problem with fungus. Look at the pros - they use their cameras almost daily and they don't bother with dry cabinets and so on and they don't have problems with fungus. The main thing is to use your cameras.

Thanks for the info:D
It doesn't hurt to be more careful or kiasi:bsmilie:

How come you needed it for the U.S.? What was the humidity at that time? Fungal spore are everywhere but moisture speeds up their replication, so in drier countries won't really need any especially if its short term. Also if you are actively using your lens, the UV light passing through can reduce fungal growth if i'm not wrong.

Although the temp when i went was ~2 degrees, the humidity (as rated on website and newspaper was abuot 70%). And I use my cam only on weekends and its kept in the bag mon-fri while I worked. So I played it safe and took preventive measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.