hai i have question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

indomie

Jan 1, 2009
i read a book about "exposure".. in the book says that contrast level of image is affected by the light.. if you are under sunlight that gave shadow to your obejct, it will improve your contrast... but if the object is under diffused light, it will result in flat image.. (mid-tone is very high)...

What should I do to improve the contrast when there is no strong/harsh light, for example day there is no sunlight?
Can I use Speedlight to create strong artificial light so that the image have more impact/contrast? What is the purpose of Speedlight? Can it be nused to increase the contrast? hehehe.. (I am very new in photography)

thanks...

Last edited:
A speedlight or flash is meant for you to increase the amount of light you wish to have on the subject. You can use it directly mounted on the camera (direct, bounced, with diffusers, etc) or you can also use it off the camera (thru means of remote cables, wireless controls, etc)

You'd need to understand more about how light affects the subject and how usage of external light sources can help or hinder you.

i read a book about "exposure".. in the book says that contrast level of image is affected by the light.. if you are under sunlight that gave shadow to your obejct, it will improve your contrast... but if the object is under diffused light, it will result in flat image.. (mid-tone is very high)...

What should I do to improve the contrast when there is no strong/harsh light, for example day there is no sunlight?
Can I use Speedlight to create strong artificial light so that the image have more impact/contrast? What is the purpose of Speedlight? Can it be nused to increase the contrast? hehehe.. (I am very new in photography)

thanks...

it depends.

if you are shooting buildings,

unless your speedlight is special limited edition using many many power generators type

no way

Status
Not open for further replies.