hai, i am newbie! need help!!

Arieshero

Dec 10, 2010
Dear For Nikon user,

I want buy a camera, can i buy a D5000 using?

Myself ,
Age 20 , No photo experince ..

just only like to take photo ..

love Design and no get any couse ...

that all, could some nikon user can help me(newbie)?:cry:

Thx for help.

I would recommend you to get the d5k kit. Do enquire about price at more famous shops like Cathay, orient photo, alan photo, MS colour etc. Upgrade slowly as you proceed, and of cause, read up the newbie corner, photograpy magazines and practice more.

Also do set aside some money for filters, tripod, dri-cabi, maybe battery grip or flash.

Dear For Nikon user,

I want buy a camera, can i buy a D5000 using?

Myself ,
Age 20 , No photo experince ..

just only like to take photo ..

love Design and no get any couse ...

that all, could some nikon user can help me(newbie)?:cry:

Thx for help.

what area do you need help with? photography (or buying gear) has nothing to do with age or experience. if you only like to take photo, any camera will do, even handphone camera. but since you are interested in having a dslr, then any entry-level model will fulfill your needs. my advise is, try out the different brands and models, whichever feels right in your hands and eyes, is probably the best camera for you. cheers :)

huh.. thx for helping ..

i try go newbie corner^^"

can i ask something pls. .what is the shutter count?? got any problem for that?

huh.. thx for helping ..

i try go newbie corner^^"

can i ask something pls. .what is the shutter count?? got any problem for that?

in simple terms, shutter count is the number of shots you have taken with your camera

what area do you need help with? photography (or buying gear) has nothing to do with age or experience. if you only like to take photo, any camera will do, even handphone camera. but since you are interested in having a dslr, then any entry-level model will fulfill your needs. my advise is, try out the different brands and models, whichever feels right in your hands and eyes, is probably the best camera for you. cheers :)

o.. i think need experience just can buy that type camera i want, cus i like to aject the lens..'(never try before) :embrass:

i think i need to go ask from shop that selling camera, and try for that how it look and handle 1st.. :) thx for helping .

and some.. i want buy a handphone camera de.. but got somethings problem .. easy to take and photo, only i cant accept the picture .. cus dont no why.. i like to take a photo in sec .. dont lets that i want take things run away from my eyes, and my friends tell me only camera got that 防震动功能 .. so that i can take the picture fast and nice.. . that why i will thinking about taking a camera..

but . i never buy any camera before.. this my 1st time to get.. so, i need to choose it very well and dont regrets about that i choose.:embrass:

in simple terms, shutter count is the number of shots you have taken with your camera

o.. ? so if take over or what ? then the camera cant use anymore?

erm.. its that the meaning .. if like shutter count 8200? then is still can take 8200 photo or only can take 8200 photo ?:confused:

sorry and i need to asking this,

should i take a new D5000 or 2nd D5000 ?
whice 1 ?
new D5000 price around 1k ? 2nds around 650 +/-

its that the price in shop now ?

if some kind know about nikon things can help teaching some pls. scare be (eat) when buying T.T"

my hp , 90558953 .

Last edited:
8200 shutter count means the you have taken 8200 photos, or the shutter has been activated 8200 times. Average shutter count of a camera is between 50,000-100,000 counts. Just shoot and worry less. Visit those shops that i recommended to you, most probably you wont go wrong. You can go for a 2nd hand set with warranty.

8200 shutter count means the you have taken 8200 photos, or the shutter has been activated 8200 times. Average shutter count of a camera is between 50,000-100,000 counts. Just shoot and worry less. Visit those shops that i recommended to you, most probably you wont go wrong. You can go for a 2nd hand set with warranty.

o..ok. .thx for helping :D

I go sleeping 1st. .2moro working. i will try go find shop asking 1st :)

pretty difficult to read the post.

Nevertheless, why not try to get a D7000 (might need to be on wait list though) and be done for a while.

Anyway, buying used camera is ok if you know your goods and that you know the person using it previously takes good care of it. Otherwise, a new camera with warranty always sounds better.

Having a DSLR doesn't mean that you can get good pictures. Usually, a point and shoot can deliver very contrasty pictures that looks better compared to the flatter and more natural DSLR images. Some work in postprocessing is required to make the picture stand out more.

Another thing about your query is the availability of vibration reduction that improves the pictures taken. Yes, indeed, it helps but is not a miracle cure. The problem is proper handling of the camera. Also, sad to say, Nikon does not have vibration reduction built-in the camera body. You have to purchase different lenses with these VR and that is additional cost.

Do more homework before plunging into this hobby. And do enjoy it! =)

All the best.

Best Regards,
tltan

sorry and i need to asking this,

should i take a new D5000 or 2nd D5000 ?
whice 1 ?
new D5000 price around 1k ? 2nds around 650 +/-

its that the price in shop now ?

if some kind know about nikon things can help teaching some pls. scare be (eat) when buying T.T"

my hp , 90558953 .

If you're not comfortable or dont know how to inspect a 2nd hand camera, go for brand new with kit lens and build your experience from there. Best go with a friend who has knowledge on dslr's to make sure you dont get chopped like carrot head. However, most shops as recommended by ngck12 are quite ok.

pretty difficult to read the post.

Nevertheless, why not try to get a D7000 (might need to be on wait list though) and be done for a while.

Anyway, buying used camera is ok if you know your goods and that you know the person using it previously takes good care of it. Otherwise, a new camera with warranty always sounds better.

Having a DSLR doesn't mean that you can get good pictures. Usually, a point and shoot can deliver very contrasty pictures that looks better compared to the flatter and more natural DSLR images. Some work in postprocessing is required to make the picture stand out more.

Another thing about your query is the availability of vibration reduction that improves the pictures taken. Yes, indeed, it helps but is not a miracle cure. The problem is proper handling of the camera. Also, sad to say, Nikon does not have vibration reduction built-in the camera body. You have to purchase different lenses with these VR and that is additional cost.

Do more homework before plunging into this hobby. And do enjoy it! =)

All the best.

Best Regards,
tltan

o.. Nikon does not have vibration reduction built-in the camera body??

but ..canon have it?

i will take more homework about camera this things.

thx for helping:)

o.. Nikon does not have vibration reduction built-in the camera body??

but ..canon have it?

i will take more homework about camera this things.

thx for helping:)

There are two Image Stabilization Technology for DSLR:

1) Lens Shift Method
Image stabilization is achieved by shifting a corrective lens in the direction required to cancel out movement on the optical axis resulting from camera shake.
e.g.
Canon --> Image Stabilization (IS)
Nikon --> Vibration Reduction (VR)
Sigma --> Optical Stabilization (OS)
Tamron --> Vibration Compensation (VC)

2) Sensor Shift Method (built-in Image Stabilization in the body)
Image stabilization is achieved by shifting the image sensor in the direction required to cancel out camera-shake and eliminate the resulting blurring of the image on the sensor.
e.g.
Sony Alpha --> SteadyShot

The advantage of Sony Alpha DSLR series is that the Image Stabilization is not dependent on the lens. Or we could say that thus built-in Image Stabilization will ensure stabilization for any kind of lenses attached to the Alpha body (from Old to New, from Manual to Auto Focus lenses).

Last edited:
Pentax too has image stabilization in the body, known as shake reduction (correct me if i'm wrong).

however everything has its pros n cons. sony and pentax bodies cannot be knocked onto any hard surfaces or the sensor will risk being mis-aligned. which also means, the pictures u take r slightly different from wad u see in the viewfinder.

2) Sensor Shift Method (built-in Image Stabilization in the body)

Additional member for built-in Image Stabilization in the body:
Sony Alpha --> Steady Shot
Pentax --> Shake Reduction
Olympus --> Image Stabilization

.. Just now i going to jurong point and check the nikon camera..

i findding D5000 ..

1st shop i asking is count, the saleman say D5000 ardly pass le. no more.zz

then he telling me why dont choose Sony ? that is good also . he say the video i think ...

then i see the Canon G12 .( my friend asking can buy that try 1st. ) but i see a things.. that cant change lens. .-.-" i need can adjest lens one, then the sale tell me. that is easy to use .. no need waste money buy lens. and just take a picture easy .zz
(but i want can play more about camera things. , so i cant accept this )

so i going to another shop see . ( Harvey Norman ) .then i asking them i want to see D5000 ,

they say no more sample about this, then i say i just want to test the feeling, then they open a new 1 for me. after i see.. they telling me a things..

why me dont buy D7000 ? its because now the D5000 is diffecult to find the lens , and the lens is limited .. and they telling me.. D5000 is for begginner.. so i telling them i am newbie ..

then i asking got D7000 can lets me see? they say dont has .. but got D90 .. its body same like D7000, but funtion different only.. so i trying to take.. some hearvy but nice to handle and click to take a photo. .but 1 things i see.. when i zoom the lens.. the lens is (35-150).

i zoom until 150. .then see the infront shop.. why become blur blur de?? no so clear? that i confuse on it ..

Then some more they telling me D90 more nice than D5000 .its easy to find a lens , and more funtion that u can play on it.

And 1 more they telling me, a camera no like using 1 -2 years then change things.. its will taking a long time to using it , so they 介绍 me to buy D7000 or D90 cus it can take long time for using ..

some more now i go the check D7000 things. .what is this.. D7000 got problem ?? its that true?

now . i confuse to buy a D7000 or D5000 .. :confused:

the price Difference 1k ..:bigeyes:

but .. a newbie can get D7000 to use? or Recommended to get D5000?

And 1 more things.. i want outing in group.. if i get D7000 can go with them? (cus i only saw D5000 and D90 got outing photo planing..:()

Need for help.. Thank.

I will be buy it on next month/years .

hi, spoke to you on the phone today.

once again, it depends on your budget.

i would advise that if you can afford, go for the higher models d90/d7000

i outgrew my d5000 within a year, felt that i was ready to handle a faster camera so jumped 2 steps to d300.

in the long run, it depends on how often you would actually shoot. if not sure that you will keep on shooting, maybe can even stick to just the d3100, cheaper, beginner's camera.... when you are more serious then upgrade again.

..then i asking got D7000 can lets me see? they say dont has .. but got D90 .. its body same like D7000, but funtion different only.. so i trying to take.. some hearvy but nice to handle and click to take a photo. .but 1 things i see.. when i zoom the lens.. the lens is (35-150).

i zoom until 150. .then see the infront shop.. why become blur blur de?? no so clear? that i confuse on it ..

first off, the D90 and D7000 has the kit lens of 18-105. secondly, when you zoomed the lens, did you auto-focus by half-pressing the shutter button? and make sure the AF is on in both the lens and body

Then some more they telling me D90 more nice than D5000 .its easy to find a lens , and more funtion that u can play on it.

that statement is rather inaccurate. he means bodies like D90 and D7000 have built in AF-motor so you can use older AF and AF-D lenses without losing AF-function. but if you're going to use the new AF-S lenses, should not be any issue, you can get the D5000 without worry about the motor

And 1 more they telling me, a camera no like using 1 -2 years then change things.. its will taking a long time to using it , so they 介绍 me to buy D7000 or D90 cus it can take long time for using ..

also inaccurate, as the D90 is already 2 years old while the D7000 is recently released. even D5000 is newer than D90. however it's not all about age of technology. choose whichever fits your needs and budget

but .. a newbie can get D7000 to use? or Recommended to get D5000?

And 1 more things.. i want outing in group.. if i get D7000 can go with them? (cus i only saw D5000 and D90 got outing photo planing..:()

Need for help.. Thank.

I will be buy it on next month/years .

of course.. a newbie can use even a D3s if he has the budget for it. newbie doesn't mean he ONLY MUST use entry-level cameras and cant use higher-end ones. it depends on your needs and budget

if you want to join outings, there are newbies outings that are not camera-specific.

good luck on your purchase. remember, photography is about taking pictures, not chasing gears. cheers

Hi arieshero.
I'll be frank and tell you that it's quite difficult to understand what you're saying exactly because of the way you type your sentences.

Anyway I THINK you're confused about which camera to get.
From your questions (and I admit I don't understand all your questions), it sounds like your knowledge of these cameras a bit limited. Go through some review sites first to understand the differences between some of the nikon cameras. If you have friends with DSLRs, try to accompany them and observe how they operate the controls. Even better if you get some hands-on time.
Just like any purchase, you need to know a bit about what you're buying.