Had you guys ended up in such a thought like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratix

Oct 13, 2005
Somehow, had this thought swirling in my mind today, so was wandering what kind of response i'll garner if i've a thread in here...

It might sound scary, but what happens if you wake up some morning and feel that photography is really not your way of life, not the goal you've been pursing for a long time?

You've already put 1/2 of your leg into this field, sunk in good money on equipment, shooting alot to gain experience / portfolio / contacts etc. but somehow or rather, you suddenly feel that whatever you've been doing are good time wasters, and would get you no where..

so what would you do? :)

u are not the first one to feel this way....

another clubsnapper mentioned exactly the same thing as u. i cant really remember the clubsnapper name.

wat u can do now is to take a break... sometimes when someone is doing something intensively for a long period, the body will be mentally tired and all negative things will crawl into ur mind.

Start a OSM agency supplying models to Clubsnappers.

If you have a degree in mass communications or marketing, you can try for the positions in press or magazines or advertising agencies- they are still related.

Or you can consider taking up radiography, a year or two course which specializes in medical or industrial- but the courses available are expensive and usually needs some sponsorship bonds.

Or you can sell out the un-needed stuff and raise funds for further studies.

Mixing passion and livelihood are like oil and water; even with both in your jar, you can only choose one at any one time.

:)

u should be thankful that it only the camera ...what if it yr wife/girlfriend were the subject:sweat:

Somehow, had this thought swirling in my mind today, so was wandering what kind of response i'll garner if i've a thread in here...

It might sound scary, but what happens if you wake up some morning and feel that photography is really not your way of life, not the goal you've been pursing for a long time?

You've already put 1/2 of your leg into this field, sunk in good money on equipment, shooting alot to gain experience / portfolio / contacts etc. but somehow or rather, you suddenly feel that whatever you've been doing are good time wasters, and would get you no where..

depends on how much passion you have left for photography, how much focus you have in photography, and whether you're afraid of failure.

Or you can adopt a typical financial guru's 1st "Rule of Thumb" - CUT LOSSES, and dun hang on to them. Sell all your EQ, and run as far away as you can from phtography :bsmilie:

And when you've done your "research" again, and think the "market" is right, you can always jump in again... ;)

So does TS have gears to offload? :think: I'm sure if the price is right, many of us will dive in like a vulture and help you clear... :bsmilie: Garage Sale at ROCk Bottom prices...??

You can also do the same - CUT LOSSES. Just that you have to do more "research", and make sure that it's LOSSES that you're cutting, and not unrealised potential PROFITS...:bsmilie:

u should be thankful that it only the camera ...what if it yr wife/girlfriend were the subject:sweat:

noticed u got a 30D.....i offer 1300..deal or no deal

Just hang in there.

Sometimes being able to make it is because of stamina beside other attributes.

Some fail so the others will live.

Believe me many will wish you give it up. And they are not second-hand camera dealers.

Be generous lah... buy her whole system plus dinner. :bsmilie:

i...i...dun have the $$...:cry:

Hmmm.. I wonder whats on this lil brother's mind now again.. Come on! Dont emo! Must be your stupid attachment giving you negative thots about stuff! :p

make it a hobby lor! :D

hmmm i wld think that its good that i found out now rather when i have put one foot in my grave already.

Status
Not open for further replies.