hacking wall in hdb

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekai

May 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
hi all,
maybe planning to do rennovation to my flat.

anyone has experience getting contractor to know down the store room wall.
how much do they quote?

any suggestion is welcome.

no need. yr appointed hdb approved contractor will lodge the necessary paperwork/sought approval from hdb before commencing work. tay heng long renovation contractor, contact alice 98562345.

Last edited:
storeroom aka household shelter walls cannot be knocked down. unless u referring to the older housing.

u might need a PE for the job as well. i did mine for abt 1k.

You need to check if it is a structural wall.

& if the store room is a civil defence bomb shelter then also cannot.

based on my flat blueprint.... the walls shaded in black cannot be hacked i presume.
yeah, mine is the 30yr old flat with no bomb shelter.

thanks for the advice, i think now i have to choose between either a interior designer or just a contractor to hack it down....
coz i am sure after hacking... i ma need to tile it??? or something. or can a contractor do the same job.

a renovation contractor will do all the undermentioned jobs. no need for id unless you want to pay.

based on my flat blueprint.... the walls shaded in black cannot be hacked i presume.
yeah, mine is the 30yr old flat with no bomb shelter.

thanks for the advice, i think now i have to choose between either a interior designer or just a contractor to hack it down....
coz i am sure after hacking... i ma need to tile it??? or something. or can a contractor do the same job.

You can refer to http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/
Try the keywords, "hacking", "wall" and "renovation".
They have a list of things you can do and cannot. Technically,
for hacking of wall, you need a QP to supervise the work, but
a lot of contractors just go at it anyway on their own. The
important thing is to just make sure your contractor get their
proper paperwork done.

Last edited:
It depends on whether it's a structural wall. If structural wall, unlikly HDB will grant u permit to hack it.

your contractor will be the best person to submit the plans, and the permit application to HDB. I left it to them... =)

As for costs, if it's non structural wall, it shldn't be too expensive.

Cheers
Jinny

hi all,
maybe planning to do rennovation to my flat.

anyone has experience getting contractor to know down the store room wall.
how much do they quote?

any suggestion is welcome.

Instead of knocking it down, you can consider converting it into a wine chiller, a partial aquarium, a hobby room, a playground for kids (and shelves to store toys), a maid room, a walk-in wardrobe or even a mini gym.

But if the walls really have to go to make a larger kitchen or dinning corner, consider calling up HDB is the best. Not every type of HDB is the same. Ask them for black and white via email what can be done, what cannot and the necessary approvals if at all needed for the renovation.

Probably contractors will be alot more familiar.

Last edited:
Instead of knocking it down, you can consider converting it into a wine chiller, a partial aquarium, a hobby room, a playground for kids (and shelves to store toys), a maid room, a walk-in wardrobe or even a mini gym.

how about a huge dry cabinet

or a darkroom for playing with chemicals

or a mini table top studio

how about a huge dry cabinet

or a darkroom for playing with chemicals

or a mini table top studio

I prefer a studio with backdrop and a nice model posing on uncle phoakm floor matt.

You cannot modify the integrity of your house bomb shelter. You cannot even drill to hang paintings and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.