H1N1 vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't refering to pandemic level but rather seeing actually virus disease spreading thru out in the modern world. Just that avian flu didn't really spread quite well as compared to H1N1. I am not well verse with flu but it requires bird as the carrier right and affecting people close to these creature. While there are many deadlier flu spreadng all over world as read, I can only related locally.

As to whether Australia govt and citizens' mindset were correct, I disagree. I would easily presume that they would do the same if a more deadlier strain appear reason being people dying from flu is so common to them.

I would say, the H1N1 is more successful with infection. When H1N1 started, one country, then the next like a firestorm into the community. SARS was scary but the symptom was fast, thus didn't get too far before contained. H1N1 is easily confused thus nobody know when is infected, so it is like who is the murder in the mansions. I got this feeling that people fear the the quarantine more than the disease.

Imagine, another strain of H1N1 with the same hiberation period but deadlier this time. How are we going to stop that?

Good to see someone's talking out their tailpipe here.

Actually the Australians took it very seriously indeed and still do. They were one of the first nations to immunize against H1N1 en masse and also to recognise a self evident truth, that in most cases it is quite mild and benign and once it is out in the general population there is little you can do to contain it's spread.

Your assumption that this was the first virus to show the world how to deal with a pandemic is also invalid. Avian Flu was the first to be really clamped down on when it emerged a number of years ago.

As to whether Australia govt and citizens' mindset were correct, I disagree. I would easily presume that they would do the same if a more deadlier strain appear reason being people dying from flu is so common to them.

Imagine, another strain of H1N1 with the same hiberation period but deadlier this time. How are we going to stop that?
Being quite intimately connected with H1N1 (in a not so good way) I had the opportunity afforded to few of quizzing a lot of medical staff and doctors including senior consultants on their views and attitudes to the disease.

No one here in the medical profession took it lightly and a massive campaign was run informing people of the symptoms and to seek immediate medical assistance if you met the criteria. It was the most talked about subject for weeks here in Australia and very few people didn't know what to look out for. Hospitals were overflowing with possible cases until it was discovered that it was only fatal if you had certain pre-existing conditions or met certain critera. However with that said H1N1 infected people were (and still are) quaranteened for 5 days while the relevant TF course is given orally.

Most doctors surgeries in Australia still have prominent H1N1 symptom charts and though mass immunization has for all intents and purposes eradicated the flu here in Australia there is still a worry it may return this comming winter.

One thing the Australian government did was be very pragmatic about the H1N1 pandemic. Once it was established it was well and truly rampant in Victoria the Victorian State government gave up testing for the strain as it wasn't required, just give them TF and isolate the person in their house for a week or so and all was good. The rest of Australia more or less followed suit. People were still vigilant but not scared half to death.

is it really advisable to inject h1n1 vaccine? my doctor told me not recommended. very unstable, got side effect, also got few death cases because of this vaccine.

please advise.

is it really advisable to inject h1n1 vaccine? my doctor told me not recommended. very unstable, got side effect, also got few death cases because of this vaccine.

please advise.

I had mine taken recently. No side effects or anything at all. It was as if I hadn't taken it.

Doctor asked me some questions prior to "qualifying" me for the jab - as to the level of due diligence those questions satisfied, I give the doctor the benefit of doubt since I am no more the wiser in that respect.

I hate injections (and I still do) but I also travel very often. Not much of a choice there for me. Since I've been vaccinated, I hope I am immune to H1N1 now (crosses fingers).

I suppose you would have to evaluate your own circumstances and check with your doctor whether it is advisable for you to take. :think:

please advise.

Very few people died from it. It's a good idea if you've had H1N1 or suffer from heart or lung problems or other immunity related issues. It's stable now and in 99.9% of cases has no side effects though the arm can become tender and a headache develop in some people. Talk to a different doctor and have them do the assessment to see if you need it.

Those interested in reading on traditional chinese med to fight H1N1, can refer this for a quick reading.
http://blog.tcmpage.com/tag/h1n1/

During H1N1, I began out of curiousity started reading each component on its purpose and it seemed logical. Then I found that Yuyan Sang's Jie Du Qing Fei Wan contains the recommended component used to cure pandemic flu.

Nevertheless IMO tradition chinese medicine of these sort are NOT an direct replacement to western H1N1 medicine as they only used to compliment. Recent studies have shown that weak patients survival rate increase much more with TCM focusing on body strength during western med treatment. While western med are designed to be specific and fast, they weakens the patient more. In many times, the patient heath did not last long for the medicine to take effect. This is where chinese med comes in to prolong that lifespan for the western med to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.