H*D*B being fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanqiang1011

Jan 22, 2005
Tiny Red Dot...
www.blitzwerkz.com
Dear all,

Ever since I am married, we have been trying to get a HDB like most of the first timers out here. Every BTO project being fast selected and every unsuccessful bidding comes a chance more in our next BTO bidding. Now, one day, we got fed up, approached MP, wrote letter, then the 3rd day comes HDB's respond.

The lady told us that HDB now offered us Punggol Acadia and Saphhire but only 2nd or 3rd floor, with no OCS options. And then best part is subjected to re-pricing, which is higher than the original advertised price. Then now, one week later, the lady came back with a call, asked whether my wife and me wanna take up the estates. We replied no as the floors are too low and the price is a killer - even the lady doesnt how how many percent the re-pricing.

Now for the climax, the lady told me, if we rejected now - next time when we approach MP on future BTO appeals, HDB will ignore our case as we rejected HDB's offer - flat with re-pricing. Dear all, is this fair?

I meant the resales out there is sky high now and even new flats you wanna sell me at re-pricing, which is confirm high. And talking about helping first timer, this fair? Also to mention, my wife is a PR, and our flat prices will be S$10,000 more due to the new PR rule, according to Mah, it is to encourage PRs to apply for citizenship. Phew...

:dunno:

Last edited:
just go ahead and take it if you really cannot wait any longer......... you're really in no position to pick and choose if you want fast-track. If you expect your MP to help you and your wife outright jump the queue , that will not happen. There are thousands of couples like you in exactly same situation.

How long have u been waiting ?

Last edited:
hello ! u now then know arrrrrrrr ? :bsmilie:

if cant wait and price affordable, can take. 3storey seem ok. since MP already helped u with the request. re-pricing? before u confirm, will you know the price? btw, 95% for first timer in the coming bto, told by mah bow tan last wk.
what is OCS?

You do know that for Punggol Arcadia, the ground level is the car park and level 1 is void area (same as normal HDB level 2). So the flat start from level 2 (or level 3). This project is around 100 m from MRT and is may be completed by 2012 Q1.

Price in Nov. 2008 is 3 Rm.: $181k - $211k, 4 Rm.: $268k - $327k & 5 Rm.: $356k - $416k.

Depend what you want, just a roof to stay like many of our parents. Or if you want cheap, good and fast, then you need some luck.

If PR can have the same privilege like citizen.....then I don't think it is fair.

Unfair?
In life what is fair?

Demand exceeds supply, so how?

Most people face the same problem...
This is the current situation in SPORE.

Also to mention, my wife is a PR, and our flat prices will be S$10,000 more due to the new PR rule, according to Mah, it is to encourage PRs to apply for citizenship. Phew...

:dunno:

it depends on ur point of view.

some policies are there to differentiate citizens from prs. to ts it is not fair, but what about citizens if there are no differentiating policies?

Last edited:
Don't think you will get much sympanthy here.

2-3rd floor is better than nothing.

so in summary, the TS wants:

a flat in a high floor
a flat at a good price
a flat ASAP
a flat with OCS options (whatever that is)

am I right so far?

I think you should be glad they replied you on the 3rd day.

on 10 storeys worth of stilts.... :bsmilie:

Don't give them ideas.. next time.. 1-9 floor wil be used to house schools, foreign workers, coffeeshop and factory. Them pple will complain and say they do not want 10-12 floors.

Don't give them ideas.. next time.. 1-9 floor wil be used to house schools, foreign workers, coffeeshop and factory. Them pple will complain and say they do not want 10-12 floors.

ya lor, wait people complain they want low floor because the price is lower, without it they have no option.

and because lower floor house those u mentioned, they complain too noisy.

anyway, i always thought location is much more important than floor?

the longer u wait, the more expensive will be $$/m2.

Last edited:
Flats ain't getting cheaper.... don't get it now.... then wait some more lor.

And like the others said.... if PR gets equal treatment... is it 'FAIR' to citizen ??

Status
Not open for further replies.