H*D*B being fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
serious TS should have thanked the MP and HDB for giving what he asked for in the first place - an offer to buy a brand new flat direct from HDB. many appealed and only been given standard answer ( flast are sold on fair ballot basis and if urgent , encourage to get resale bla bla bla )

anyway, i always thought location is much more important than floor?

Not sure about the newer design in Punggol but for some design, 4th floor living room faces the MSCP and 5th floor living room faces the lift motor room.

but seriously, this is more expensive building cost, but given our limited land in little red dot, if they have multi-story car park in the 1st 4-5flr, it think is a good option.

Last edited:
if the price within the budget, i think it's your luck.. not easy to buy HDB flats.. supper< demand

IIRC.... more BTOs are coming... if you can wait........ :think:

if the price within the budget, i think it's your luck.. not easy to buy HDB flats.. supper< demand

ya lor, just like primary 1 entry to school. many parents did 40hr volunteer work, but the fact is there are limited position.

Ok let me summarise. TS thinks HDB is unfair because 1) they offered you low floor, 2)subject to repricing, 3) your wife being PR won't get as much benefits

1) Low floor - HDB is actually being fair. They can't offer you higher floors since those would have been taken by ppl who got low numbers in the ballot. If they offered to you instead would that be fair to others who were luckier than you and got low low numbers? No point balloting, all of us go complain to MP then can cut que.

2) Repricing - This one I don't know fair or not. If what they offer you is a BTO launched a year ago and prices have increased since then I guess it is justifiable for them to offer a repriced rate. Else it won't be fair to newer BTO applicants where the price already reflect market conditions.

3) Wife not being PR. This one other CSers have responded already. Btw, if you buy the HDB and your wife becomes a citizen later, CPF will refund you the difference in subsidy. So I think it's fair.

Ok let me summarise. TS thinks HDB is unfair because 1) they offered you low floor, 2)subject to repricing, 3) your wife being PR won't get as much benefits

1) Low floor - HDB is actually being fair. They can't offer you higher floors since those would have been taken by ppl who got low numbers in the ballot. If they offered to you instead would that be fair to others who were luckier than you and got low low numbers? No point balloting, all of us go complain to MP then can cut que.

2) Repricing - This one I don't know fair or not. If what they offer you is a BTO launched a year ago and prices have increased since then I guess it is justifiable for them to offer a repriced rate. Else it won't be fair to newer BTO applicants where the price already reflect market conditions.

3) Wife not being PR. This one other CSers have responded already. Btw, if you buy the HDB and your wife becomes a citizen later, CPF will refund you the difference in subsidy. So I think it's fair.

:thumbsup:

Wow.... TS isn't getting much.... if any sympanthy from us... :sweat:

let me share my experience :

i am divorced, so had to sell my house (bought from resale market, took 50k grant since near to parents).

move back in with parents (already fully paid yrs ago), dad passed away recently, siblings decided to put me as co-owner with my mom.

but i have to pay 20k cash, cant use cpf. its a policy to ensure fairness to each citizen on HDB subsidies. couldnt accept at 1st but slowly, i understand the importance of implementing unpopular policies to small minority to ensure fairness to the public.

Sympathy ? Everyone probably knows how lucky TS is to be offered a unit by HDB and not given the usual run around. Yes , its not an ideal unit, its not at the price he wants .. but hey .. it beats waiting and trying in the queue for the next few years right ?

I think people have to be realistic to the whole housing scenario in Singapore. If u dont want the flat, there will be other people who will take it. If u dont buy now, there is no guarantee that it wont be 50k more expensive 2 years from now. Look at land cost, look at building material cost ...

You do know that for Punggol Arcadia, the ground level is the car park and level 1 is void area (same as normal HDB level 2). So the flat start from level 2 (or level 3). This project is around 100 m from MRT and is may be completed by 2012 Q1.

Price in Nov. 2008 is 3 Rm.: $181k - $211k, 4 Rm.: $268k - $327k & 5 Rm.: $356k - $416k.

so near MRT, next time can sell for good price. If I were TS, I would grab first. :)

take it before it goes higher.

also, NS days, do it then complain, same here, take it then complain!!!

better then none, ensure u have a roof is far more important then complaining abt fairness.

Wait till mah came out with his famous COE for flat will settle ur needs. TS you can have any floor u like? just bid and no queueing required.;p I guess it just a matter of time.

Sympathy is not what he needs. ;)

reality check maybe?

Sympathy ? Everyone probably knows how lucky TS is to be offered a unit by HDB and not given the usual run around. Yes , its not an ideal unit, its not at the price he wants .. but hey .. it beats waiting and trying in the queue for the next few years right ?

To me... TS seems to be writing here to complain and wanting us to 'Agree' with him. :bsmilie:

'Sympathy' is the best word I can think of :sweat:

Wait till mah came out with his famous COE for flat will settle ur needs. TS you can have any floor u like? just bid and no queueing required.;p I guess it just a matter of time.

power :devil:

this thread will encourage some to go see their MP and with hope get whats he is getting now. =)

Luckily I've already got my BTO years ago.... When I got my unit at Woodlands. Most if not all of my friends kept telling me how Ulu that place is.... I can't afford AMK or Bishan.... so, still have to accept the offer. 12years on... no regard yet, also hard to regard when my Ulu unit is now worth 3 times the price I paid for :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.