Gym membership, how much did u pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
soma said:
]

Join safra..

Safra location not convenient for me. Also, I am comparing prices and plans of the 3 gyms mentioned in 1st post, my aim is not really to look for the cheapest gym I can find in Singapore. Else i would have settled for the $2.50 per entry SSC gym liao :)

silverfrond said:
i've had trials at CF, PF & FF. and i stuck to FF

i'm currently paying around $130/month minimum 12 month. when i first started i paid $150/ mth minimum 3 months but it was so good that i extended it. with my locker. thats another $20. and they also charge 5% GST on top of that.

This is for passport membership plans. i get to use any of the 4 clubs in singapore(a new one is opening later this month at millenia walk, which makes 5) and any FF club in the world.

at the fitness first plus they loan u free attire (shorts & teeshirt), there's a (20m)pool, 5-6 TV channels, unlimited classes for u to attend, free isotonic and soft drinks, coffee & tea, sauna & steam rooms. Super clean bathrooms, hairdryers, cotton wool and buds, hairspray, soap,shampoo, conditioner, plastic bags for your dirty clothes, a spin dryer for you wet swimwear, daily lockers with keys(u dont have to bring personal locks unlike CF),towels, free VCD rental, magazines, sundecks and sunchairs, free health test(for weight, fat% etc etc)

the gyms are never 100% full and waiting time for equiptment is never long even during peak hours. there's always a list for evening and weekend classes so it will never be overfull.

great service from them. of cause the price is great too. its cheaper if u sign up for the one club plan. so u only can use one club. recommeded you view all clubs before making the decision

Wow, thanks silverfrond for the insight on FF :thumbsup: Seems like FF+ really provides the best service of the 3 gyms. You get what u pay for.

clicknick said:
Safra location not convenient for me. Also, I am comparing prices and plans of the 3 gyms mentioned in 1st post, my aim is not really to look for the cheapest gym I can find in Singapore. Else i would have settled for the $2.50 per entry SSC gym liao :)

i love my 2.50 delta sports complex..

cheap parking + out of cbd + 10min drive = win win situation.

clicknick said:
Wow, thanks silverfrond for the insight on FF :thumbsup: Seems like FF+ really provides the best service of the 3 gyms. You get what u pay for.

My favourite branch - FF+ Capital Tower... i guess words cannot describe how good it is.. just arrange for a free trial with the membership consultant.

PF - is it me or is the showerroom very smelly? I tried Suntec and GWC.. stinks
:sweatsm:

trlnlty said:
i love my 2.50 delta sports complex..

cheap parking + out of cbd + 10min drive = win win situation.

Problem is limited choice and quantity of equipments, and can only use 20mins for the threadmills and stuff at one go. I spent alot of time waiting for the Xtrainer to be available. Also no group exercise classes.

Anyway my office is at Raffles Place, that's y i only interested in the 3 gyms. I can go there during lunch or immediately after work, no travelling time (provided I don;t change company :p).

Paying about 18++ for a lifetime memeber with annual fee of 98 at CF about 2 yrs ago. I have also been to FF on a week trial. Have to said FF is better than CF but in the end I choose CF because of $$$.

icarus said:
My favourite branch - FF+ Capital Tower... i guess words cannot describe how good it is.. just arrange for a free trial with the membership consultant.

PF - is it me or is the showerroom very smelly? I tried Suntec and GWC.. stinks
:sweatsm:

OK, i will go for FF trail after my CF and PF trails over :bsmilie: Y words cannot describe? Got provide free massage from pretty masseurs after a workout ah?

I will go smell the PF shower room and let u know ;) But i will go mostly to PF caltex house and far east sq.

anttz said:
Paying about 18++ for a lifetime memeber with annual fee of 98 at CF about 2 yrs ago. I have also been to FF on a week trial. Have to said FF is better than CF but in the end I choose CF because of $$$.

That's the package I will want, but nowadays no more liao. My fren also sign up this package. So cheap, worth it.

clicknick said:
That's the package I will want, but nowadays no more liao. My fren also sign up this package. So cheap, worth it.

I just ask them couple of week back as wanted to get one for the Mrs. As you said no more leow. But i think can continue to hassle them as they only offer this package after I pester the guy for more than a month.

anttz said:
I just ask them couple of week back as wanted to get one for the Mrs. As you said no more leow. But i think can continue to hassle them as they only offer this package after I pester the guy for more than a month.

Thanks for the tips. I'll start pestering........:devil:

I feel SAFRA gym is quite good. They also per entry charge at $5 off peak.

Clubfit is not expensive i remembered.

$50 for 6months - off peak hours

Fitness first will open their another flagship gym at The Cathay (orchard road).

I am now having a one week trail at Planet Fitness.

Here are some of my personal opinion.

Pros
More locations, and have locations like Suntec, Parkway Parade and upcoming Vivo.
No need to bring own locks for locker.
Provide plastic bags for wet clothes.
Less crowded during peak hours and classes are controlled size, so no overcrowding like CF.

Cons
Equipments seems to be older and not as well maintained at CF. Also not as much variety.
Classes seems less then CF.
Not all classes are free.
Towel stinks (maybe just the one I got).
Shower rooms not well laid out in some branch , shower cubicle facing toilet cubicle, stinks. (But very nice, clean, roomy shower rooms in Parkway Parade)

BTW, PF having this National Day promotion of $1632 for 2 years, access to all PF gyms in Spore. So is about $68 per month.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I have just signed up with Planet Fitness. $53 per month (inc GST) for unlimited access to all 6 PF gyms. This price you won't be able to get direct from Planet Fitness, as someone transfer his membership to me.

For those interested to sign up at PF, current price package I just ask

2 years all gyms access $68/month (exc GST)
5 years all gyms access $62/month (exc GST)

simon80 said:
$50 for 6months - off peak hours

those located at stadium one
i dono call wat leh lol

btw later i heading down to parkway PF,
the guy is gg to give me some passes for trial .. not sure how many but anione keen can pm me (FCFS) me try to ask for more

Status
Not open for further replies.