guys, please floss your teeth regularly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
:thumbsup:

ive been having this prob of slightly receding gumlines. and for the past few months, the gum around my canine tooth was red and could bleed sometimes. i was very worried. i saw my dentist, he told me to brush and floss, but i conveniently disregarded the floss part. i used listerine, changed toothpaste, everything, but still it was red and sore.

then the other day, my mom just bought a new pack of dental floss. i decided to start flossing. guess what, within 2 days, my red and sore gums turned a healthy pink. now i can see that the wounds that usually bled are healing nicely already.

so two lessons that i hope u all can pick up from me

1) brush your teeth and gums. floss them everyday using fluoride dental floss
2) listen to your dentist :bsmilie:

gd advice...thx for sharing!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
3) have a mom who buy a new pack of dental floss...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

4)must have bleeding gum first.

But that is a good habit. Anyone into scraping tongue too?

using listerine also helps.

Same condition a coupe of years back until the dentist scolded me :embrass:

"Gums don't grow back!" he said. Although my gums dun bleed now, I still feel they are receding leh. Ice-cream cannot bite, must lick! :(

Can't imagine how you'd look like in a few years if your mum never bought the floss :p

drink a glass of water before going to bed.
Dehydration and dry mouth likely to cause halitosis. :bsmilie:

anyone here uses an ultra-tiny little toothbrush to brush in between the teeth?

why fluoride dental floss? mint floss, can? but a warning, it is a highly addictive habit.
Isaiahfortythirtyone said:

ive been having this prob of slightly receding gumlines. and for the past few months, the gum around my canine tooth was red and could bleed sometimes. i was very worried. i saw my dentist, he told me to brush and floss, but i conveniently disregarded the floss part. i used listerine, changed toothpaste, everything, but still it was red and sore.

then the other day, my mom just bought a new pack of dental floss. i decided to start flossing. guess what, within 2 days, my red and sore gums turned a healthy pink. now i can see that the wounds that usually bled are healing nicely already.

so two lessons that i hope u all can pick up from me

1) brush your teeth and gums. floss them everyday using fluoride dental floss
2) listen to your dentist :bsmilie:

:bigeyes: ................THESE ARE SIGNS OF PERIODONTAL DISEASES :eek:

Do a search and read up more on prevention.... I know bcos I kena-ed :dunno: .....still trying to save what is left :sweat:

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:

Got photo to see? ;p

wah lau...want me to post photo ar? paiseh la. www.google.com got images. :bsmilie:

but receding gumlines = gum never grows back. yeah. so luckily my gums are fine now. will be going to dentist again soon to verify. :)

zaren said:
anyone here uses an ultra-tiny little toothbrush to brush in between the teeth?

my dad uses it. not cheap though. quite ex.

and yes i drink 2 glasses of water before beditme. now i floss then brush then check my gums in the mirror. now very kiasee. haha :bsmilie:

i always drink 1 glass of water b4 sleep, but every time will wake up jus 2 pee... :flush:

sORe-EyEz said:
every time will wake up jus 2 pee... :flush:

Did we really need to know that? :sweat: Too much info liow :p

just visited my dental today..
he scolded me for not flossing ..

Is a pain to floss between braces ..

Status
Not open for further replies.