Guys im studio lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mind34d

Jan 12, 2008
Guys im having a problem. I've my own lighting studio (white studio) with 4 basic studio lighting such as, honey comb, umbrella &ight box. The problem that im facing is where can i find a infromation about arrenging the lighting and making some effect? Please help me with this...

P/S- If my thread is not in the right topic please move to the real one. Thanks admin.

Guys im having a problem. I've my own lighting studio (white studio) with 4 basic studio lighting such as, honey comb, umbrella &ight box. The problem that im facing is where can i find a infromation about arrenging the lighting and making some effect? Please help me with this...

P/S- If my thread is not in the right topic please move to the real one. Thanks admin.

This is definitely the wrong sub-forum to look for info.

But I'd suggest you go for a proper lighting course for studio so you'd know what to do exactly.

go to nlb and borrow books on the subject. free resource.

Do you have details of the lights and accessories?

What is your primary usage of your lights? Fashion, portrait/makeover, commercial or product?

Where is your studio located? Thailand or Malaysia?

Will see how to help u :)

My studio located in Kangar, Perlis Malaysia.
My main idea of setup a studio for a portrait & indoor wedding photo. The problem is im not really understand how to capture certain photo with a certain effect. So could someone help me telling me how to setting up lighting for studio?

My main idea of setup a studio for a portrait & indoor wedding photo. The problem is im not really understand how to capture certain photo with a certain effect. So could someone help me telling me how to setting up lighting for studio?

First of all, studio lighting is not FIXED. There is no definite correct and permanent way to do it. Normally it's done according to what is required of a certain shoot.

Please read up on the different types of lighting first. Basically there are 3 main types, High-key, Mid-key and Low-key.

And there are plenty of variations in between them. So if you do not have the basic knowledge, it will be difficult for you to work out other variations which may be what you are looking for.

It is kind of like having a dslr for the first time.

Read (research) , practise, learn , Read (research) , practise, learn , Read (research) , practise, learn , etc.....

It doesn't just come in the mail :)

Do you have samples of the effect you want?

What type of wedding portraiture you are looking for any sample img? :dunno:

Good that you have got four lights.

Classic Standard lighting set up: One right side light - 3/4 power, One left light, 1/4 power, One light directed behind/ above head - Full power (to highlight hair), one light, to illuminate background.

You can vary the other lightings to your liking.

Look at Orgathorpe's work. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogalthorpe/2139709654/in/set-72157602445107236/

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.