Guys beware!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curly87

Sep 9, 2008
hey guys,

there is this guy who might be going around buying things... then last min tell you his ATM card got problem still waiting for bank to send new card so he say can he issue you cash cheque or not..... BEWARE!!

i kana =(

i din wanna not trust ppl so i took the cash cheque...

name on it is R*on Tan.

Bank name is start with O 4 letter word.....

apparently from what i can understand from the bank is not the first case already with this guy.

Account no $$ etc...

he should be someone on Clubsnap..

hey IF YOU SEE THIS!!! please lor... i good enough to trust you then you still cheat.

anyway... what advice would you guys give me to track him down and get the money back? (its only $60 btw but still money)

he drives a black honda fit/jazz

haix....

ass of a person... so poor no $$ then dun buy la....

oh well...

just to let you guys know.....:bheart:

sorry to hear ur unfortunate experience. i guess cash is still king in this internet age. :thumbsd:

hey guys,

there is this guy who might be going around buying things... then last min tell you his ATM card got problem still waiting for bank to send new card so he say can he issue you cash cheque or not..... BEWARE!!

i kana =(

i din wanna not trust ppl so i took the cash cheque...

name on it is R*on Tan.

Bank name is start with O 4 letter word.....

apparently from what i can understand from the bank is not the first case already with this guy.

Account no $$ etc...

he should be someone on Clubsnap..

hey IF YOU SEE THIS!!! please lor... i good enough to trust you then you still cheat.

anyway... what advice would you guys give me to track him down and get the money back? (its only $60 btw but still money)

he drives a black honda fit/jazz

haix....

ass of a person... so poor no $$ then dun buy la....

oh well...

just to let you guys know.....:bheart:

Actually easy lor... when cheque bound the bank will also mail you a copy of the cheque with explaintation what causes the bound. Then take the copy to police station to make report using the copy of the cheque as a proof to show that guy did own you money and cheated on you by giving you a bound cheque. Also with the cheque the police can get information of who this person real name and address is and track him down and take action against him.

Last edited:
i believe u can report to e police. tis is consider cheating rite?

yea i will make police report soon... but the bank refuse to officially say why bounce... but they accidentally indirectly leaked out.. i think his account no more $.

can or will the police do anything? sgp police like abit lazy? no?

what his name,nick and phone no?

name.... there is a missing letter.... top roll of the keyboard 6th alphabet from the left.

number... he use private number to call -_-.

nick... he nv pm me.....

yea i will make police report soon... but the bank refuse to officially say why bounce... but they accidentally indirectly leaked out.. i think his account no more $.

By right like I say the bank should sent you a copy of the cheque and explanation. Even without explanation it does proof that the cheque is bound.

So what you going to do is tell the police the whole story where u selling something to that guy and agree on the amount reflected in the cheque. Then when u bank in, the cheque is bound and you are not able to contact the person. Which mean you had been cheated therefore when you talk to the police you have to say, "I strongly high that the police should take action against this cheating act and you also record down whom the person you reported to.

Should the police did not take any action after a few weeks, go back to the police station ask for status, if the answer from them is not good enough, what you can do is post the whole news into STOMP or major news forum and I can confirm you with the media aware of these, someone in the police side will have to take action one.

thx bros... after christmas i'll go report... haix... damn sian....

but my fault... so stupid..

hey bro.
cheer up man.
everyone makes mistakes in their lives.
just learn from it. :)
if $ reali cannot get back, nvm la. $ can earn de ma.

btw Merry Christmas! enjoy first!

Last edited:

Can consider bad luck for stupid I don't think so cause who will expect the cheque will bound. Also for the cheque the name it is written cash or your name? Cause your name then no question ask the money should belong to you. But if written cash hor... that guy when catch can also say he that time drop a cash cheque and you are the lucky guy whom pick it up and bank it in yourself claiming the money belong to you.

So next time if you want to accept cheque still can but remember to make a photo-copy of the person NRIC and make sure the cheque name is written your name instead of cash.

Banks by their standard practice will NEVER tell you why the cheque bounce that is information that only the person who wrote the cheque will be inform and also warn. Too many bounce cheques and his/her account will be canceled.

If you bank in that cheque to your account and it bounce, the bank will give you a return mail letter (Return Cheque Advice) which has a portion on it at the bottom which looks like a cheque. They usually stated the reason for the return as " Refer to Drawer" The reason for getting this letter is that if you have clarify matters with the person who wrote the check later, you can present this tear off portion of the letter from the bank for payment by banking it to your own bank account again. You will not be given cash over the counter. But if you try to cash in the cheque over the counter I doubt you will get this form, they will just return the cheque to you to represent it later.

Banks are not suppose to tell you. I know, I had this happened to me before a few times. There was one due to lack of funds from a customer who did not put in enough cash but I have a few because of typo error on the cheques that caused it to bounce. You spell the value figure wrong and it too will be returned.

I hope you managed to get your money back man. Go down to make a report with the police and get their advice as to what to do? Or send a PM to this guy and warn him about your intention to report this if he does not honor the cheque then give him a dateline and try to bank the cheque in again. If he is smart, he will do just that if not the bank will not take this lightly.

Last edited:
what bank? Cos some banks will actually close account if bounce many times, can some one double comfirm?

name.... there is a missing letter.... top roll of the keyboard 6th alphabet from the left.

number... he use private number to call -_-.

nick... he nv pm me.....

for the looks of it...no details given, you still can trust him...learn your lesson this time.
you should have tell him, (no money ,no talk).

Last edited:
Where did you meet this guy? That is still a chance that that guy looks for his next unsuspecting victim at the same place.

attention seeker thread???...

There are many mo bo-liao attention seeker threads in the KPT ....
I think this is more of a genuine "Please Beware" thread .... although like you mention ... the solution is simple.

Sorry for the OT .....

Seriously ... there is a scmmer in CS everyday ... one form or another. As the community grows bigger ... more of these incidents will occur ... some will surface (like this thread), some will go un-noticed. All I can say is ... it is a personal responsibility to protect yourself and your own interest when dealing as such. Nobody else (even the Mods) can help after the incident has happened.

Good Luck with the police .... Merry Christmas.

what bank? Cos some banks will actually close account if bounce many times, can some one double comfirm?

Double confirm what? Closure of account due to bounced cheques? Of course there is..some bank lets you get away with 3 times then cut, some maybe a few more...again depending on how bounce at the same time. If you write 10 bad cheques at one time and release them to people then that is 10 that will bounce at the same time. But if they can tell you that it is return that means it is still an active account as far as I know...but if the account has already been terminated and the issure is STILL writing out cheques to give out...that would be alot more serious but will the bank then hold on to the cheque? That I have never experienced it.

alamak, i thought this thread is for man only, some puss in boots going around to scam man.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.