Guy who change camera at super-speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
I get to know a this person (I call him Jack - not his real name) from a friend.
He owned a new Leica MP first hand which he bought from grey-market. And when he meet up with us, he keep telling us to cork his MP to see how smooth the film-advance level is...coz most of the time, he dun even load the camera with film (dun even have a roll of film in his bag!?).
He told me that he actually traded in his M6 classic (which he bought 2nd hand less than 2 weeks ago) for his new MP becoz he feels that MP is better built and also much smooth than M6.
Now the best part, after another 1 week, he told us that he had traded in his MP for a used collector's Leica M6 Classic 0.85 (coz it is rare item).
Now even better part, after 1 more week, he exchange back his MP from the same shop (paid the shop $200 for nothing) coz he still find that his MP is much more better in all way than a M6 - more smooth, better and brighter viewfinder and etc crap....
What you guys think about this guy?

shen jin ping.....

if what he does to his own properties doesn't affect me in any way, seriously i won't be bothering about him.

perhaps you should, too.

If I am the store owner, he will be my best friend!! ;)

The most funny part is that when me and my friend "jio" him to take photos, he always rejected us. He only wanted to hang around Peninsula area see camera and drink kopi at the Kopitiam. Keep asking us to cork his camera to see how smooth his Black Paint MP is (never had I seen a roll of film with him).
Best part of it, he shown us some pics of what he had took.....guess what?
He took pics of 'finished plate of char-kway-teow" and some really no-art-sense kind of pics which my friend and I found it real hard to comment.

I am not afraid that he is reading my post now as I wanted to let him know one thing straight - Cameras are just cameras, dun waste too much stupid time and money! Spent more time on actual photography and I believe that you will enjoy more!

I think rich is not the word to describe him.
I call him stoopid and indecisive.

If he is rich, he will buy both camera.

popeye said:

Yup, got to agree with you! I found him indecisive and not sure wat he wants!
I also found that his real joy is not photograpy..he just like to foddle cameras...
The reasons that he traded in his Black-paint MP is becoz he got 2 very small scratches on the top-plate..funny rite?

XXX Boy said:
Best part of it, he shown us some pics of what he had took.....guess what? He took pics of 'finished plate of char-kway-teow" and some really no-art-sense kind of pics which my friend and I found it real hard to comment.

LOL, serious a finished plate of char kway teow is really hard to comment :bsmilie:

XXX Boy said:
The most funny part is that when me and my friend "jio" him to take photos, he always rejected us. He only wanted to hang around Peninsula area see camera and drink kopi at the Kopitiam. Keep asking us to cork his camera to see how smooth his Black Paint MP is (never had I seen a roll of film with him).
Best part of it, he shown us some pics of what he had took.....guess what?
He took pics of 'finished plate of char-kway-teow" and some really no-art-sense kind of pics which my friend and I found it real hard to comment.

I am not afraid that he is reading my post now as I wanted to let him know one thing straight - Cameras are just cameras, dun waste too much stupid time and money! Spent more time on actual photography and I believe that you will enjoy more!
There are bound to be some ppl like that in any environments in our society - do you know that there are ppl who actually hook onto the CS forum 24/7? Isn't that stopid n crazi too? some ppl (including our parents, gfs, wives, etc) will definately think so. Then there are some famous car showroom clients who literally visit their showroom every evening just to see the same car models, engines and even other customers! Sim Lim's seow customers - including some ah peks who will literally be there every day, People's Park, Fu Lu So, etc...
Just leave them alone .... one day they will find another interest again. hey, aren't we all a bit like him too..... maybe not so serious, but definately i can see a him in some of us at one time or other. Probably i put it as a "stress-out" society .... hehe :dunno:
btw i oredi owned 6 cam bags! mi seow oso!

This person, Jack, IMHO, is not a photographer, just merely a cameras collector.

I find he is just an extreme case, but we also have seen a lot of people here so engrossed about cameras and lens than photography itself.

There also people who take pictures with full of technical faults, which the contents we cannot comprehend, and the creator claim this is art.

Maybe we should do whatever we like and enjoy, follow our heart, and allow other to do so.

XXX Boy said:
Yup, got to agree with you! I found him indecisive and not sure wat he wants!
I also found that his real joy is not photograpy..he just like to foddle cameras...
The reasons that he traded in his Black-paint MP is becoz he got 2 very small scratches on the top-plate..funny rite?

:think: I think he really knows what he wants...he likes the smoothness when corking the camera.

Let's celebrate "smoothness" for the M6! :thumbsup: :cheergal:

popeye said:

his rich in my eyes, can buy cameras and play around, other ppl can feed families with that kind of money.

XXX Boy said:
I get to know a this person (I call him Jack - not his real name) from a friend.
He owned a new Leica MP first hand which he bought from grey-market. And when he meet up with us, he keep telling us to cork his MP to see how smooth the film-advance level is...coz most of the time, he dun even load the camera with film (dun even have a roll of film in his bag!?).
He told me that he actually traded in his M6 classic (which he bought 2nd hand less than 2 weeks ago) for his new MP becoz he feels that MP is better built and also much smooth than M6.
Now the best part, after another 1 week, he told us that he had traded in his MP for a used collector's Leica M6 Classic 0.85 (coz it is rare item).
Now even better part, after 1 more week, he exchange back his MP from the same shop (paid the shop $200 for nothing) coz he still find that his MP is much more better in all way than a M6 - more smooth, better and brighter viewfinder and etc crap....
What you guys think about this guy?

he is a real photographer cos he owns a leica. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.