Guidelines for first-timers going for a photoshoot

Soundaholic

Jan 28, 2010
Ha Noi, Vietnam, Vietnam
Hi peeps :D, a picked up the DSLR a while back and have been shooting quite actively, mostly covering events as I'm in my school's photography club. Now I want to try my hands at something more serious and want to go to one of those organized photo shoots on clubsnap. Can anyone give me any advice about going for photo shoots? Like the order of things, what's going to happen, or anything specific I should look out for? Thanks in advance :D

Just Snap.

Got question, ask the person next to you.

thats the idea of a photo outing, to experiment and when in doubt either ask or set Auto and simply snap away. :)

Hi peeps :D, a picked up the DSLR a while back and have been shooting quite actively, mostly covering events as I'm in my school's photography club. Now I want to try my hands at something more serious and want to go to one of those organized photo shoots on clubsnap. Can anyone give me any advice about going for photo shoots? Like the order of things, what's going to happen, or anything specific I should look out for? Thanks in advance :D

I don't think the organised photoshoots here on ClubSnap are going to be any more serious than covering school events.

oh, you mean the xmm photoshoots. don't need to be so shy and put "organised photoshoot"... just call it xmm photoshoot, people will know what you mean.

as a few rules of thumb:

1) don't drool.

2) don't stare too long.

3) rushing up to the model when 3 other people are shooting her is bad.

4) rushing up to the model and asking her to open up her legs is worse.

5) rushing up to the model and stroking her legs will go to jail.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I don't think the organised photoshoots here on ClubSnap are going to be any more serious than covering school events.

i hear that the people breathe very hard and seriously during organised photoshoots.

just go and enjoy yourself

it should be enjoyable more than anything else

worry too much and it will take away all the fun

photography should be fun and enjoyable

Can anyone give me any advice about going for photo shoots? Like the order of things, what's going to happen, or anything specific I should look out for? Thanks in advance :D

Ask the organizer. If you only get funny answers or smirks .. well, there are photographic courses here listed as well. Sure they don't only cost $60 per shot but you get what you pay for.

i hear that the people breathe very hard and seriously during organised photoshoots.

not to mention red faces and sweating a lot??

remember to buy some bottles or cans of green tea.

bring extra memory cards and batteries and set your camera to the fastest fps. then keep the shutter release down all the way till end of the shoot.

bring extra memory cards and batteries and set your camera to the fastest fps. then keep the shutter release down all the way till end of the shoot.

lol..that's what my friend did. 8gb card is full within 1.5hrs.. :p

oh, you mean the xmm photoshoots. don't need to be so shy and put "organised photoshoot"... just call it xmm photoshoot, people will know what you mean.

as a few rules of thumb:

1) don't drool.

2) don't stare too long.

3) rushing up to the model when 3 other people are shooting her is bad.

4) rushing up to the model and asking her to open up her legs is worse.

5) rushing up to the model and stroking her legs will go to jail.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

rofl.

can u zoom your 100-400mm lens in and out?

Rmb to bring polaroid shots for model to sign

Another thread doomed for Kopitiam...