Guide to remove DaProtector from LCD


Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony717

New Member
May 20, 2003
83
0
0
sg
Visit site
#1
I just manage to remove the DAprotector from my 717.


Items used.

Ronsonol gas refill - $2.50
yellow colour tin, buy from neighbourhood hardware store.
Dont use "thinner", cos it will be blurr the acrylic forever.

Thread - $0.60
strong thread that does break easily.

Soaked the thread in the gas and slowly "saw" your way thru the gap. Very easy.
 

#2
Originally posted by Sony717
I just manage to remove the DAprotector from my 717.


Items used.

Ronsonol gas refill - $2.50
yellow colour tin, buy from neighbourhood hardware store.
Dont use "thinner", cos it will be blurr the acrylic forever.

Thread - $0.60
strong thread that does break easily.

Soaked the thread in the gas and slowly "saw" your way thru the gap. Very easy.
Do you mean strong thread that does not break easily ? :p
Btw, where did you get your daprotector ? Order overseas ?
 

sequitur

Senior Member
Apr 17, 2003
3,267
0
0
flickr.com
#5
i see majerie has got himself a 10D !!!!

congrats on your purchase.. hope you like it !

how does it compare with our dear 717 ?
 

Sony717

New Member
May 20, 2003
83
0
0
sg
Visit site
#7
didnt notice...

:bwhat: congrats majere2sg:rbounce:

strongest thread u can find for less than $1.00
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yupz,....got it at daproduct.com
 

#10
Originally posted by sequitur
i see majerie has got himself a 10D !!!!

congrats on your purchase.. hope you like it !

how does it compare with our dear 717 ?
Its bulkier ! Its heavier ! Its nosier because of my sigma zoom lens. But I still learning how to use it, haven't got a chance to try shooting outside yet :p
 

sequitur

Senior Member
Apr 17, 2003
3,267
0
0
flickr.com
#11
man
better go shoot a few shots with it then come on and tell us all about it... loll

i will get a canon DSLR MAN... but uh.. maybe at least 5 yrs later.. for now i'm happy with my sony...

or rather
maybe when i start earning money to buy good lenses for an SLR setup... -_-
 

sequitur

Senior Member
Apr 17, 2003
3,267
0
0
flickr.com
#12
yah eh
do a new MO on it leh
i want a protector for my 717 !

the LCD/PDA one i got from challenger.. biang so sux.. the layer so sticky remove the protective film still got leave one sticky layer.. like scotch tape like that.. kana the LCD spoil then jialat..

and the bubbles... URGH !
 

Sony717

New Member
May 20, 2003
83
0
0
sg
Visit site
#13
MO also same price...no discount wat.

i dont mind doing the order but how many first?
 

sequitur

Senior Member
Apr 17, 2003
3,267
0
0
flickr.com
#14
yeah MO also same price
uh
don't you just need 1 of it ?

after removing it won't have like weird sticky layers right ?
 

Sony717

New Member
May 20, 2003
83
0
0
sg
Visit site
#16
CCNow Order Number: 32-7684

Product
ID Unit Price Quantity Description
--------- ------------ ---------- -----------------------------
MDP-MINI $6.00 1 'da Mini Protector - LCD Protection for the Olympus E-10 and digicams with 1.8" LCD panels


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $6.00

Shipping: $2.00

GRAND TOTAL: $8.00

US dollars
 

Sony717

New Member
May 20, 2003
83
0
0
sg
Visit site
#17
Originally posted by sequitur
yeah MO also same price
uh
don't you just need 1 of it ?

after removing it won't have like weird sticky layers right ?
Pls see the thread on Removing Daprotector :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

sequitur

Senior Member
Apr 17, 2003
3,267
0
0
flickr.com
#18
it's good ain't it ? some sorta a glass or plastic panel right ?

count me in then

but USD$8 for one is quite a waste.. maybe get more people and we can sorta "split" the shipping costs..
 

#19
Originally posted by Sony717
CCNow Order Number: 32-7684

Product
ID Unit Price Quantity Description
--------- ------------ ---------- -----------------------------
MDP-MINI $6.00 1 'da Mini Protector - LCD Protection for the Olympus E-10 and digicams with 1.8" LCD panels


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $6.00

Shipping: $2.00

GRAND TOTAL: $8.00

US dollars
The shipping $2 charge is per protector or total of all the protectors you order ? I guess is total right ? I will need 1 mini protector and 1 oly protector.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom