Guezz the price of Nikon D100 after 10D comez out

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOOXX

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
hmmm ..... juzt for fun .....

got the idea of thiz poll after reading the thread on the price of D60 n 10D .....

That would depends on the price of the 10D, right?

I am assumming everyone here thought 10D is 1499USD?

hehehehe .... me suppoze so .....

thiz poll iz azzuming that:

1) price of 10D is USD1499

2) Nikon will adjuzt the price of D100 to counter the launch of 10D

doing thiz for fun only mah ..... :bsmilie:

:D

The last thing Nikon should do to counter the Canon 10D is to come out new DSLR. Nikon adjust the price of D100 not a good strategy.

current prices at Cathay Photo:

3) Fujifilm S2 Pro @ S$3,366.00
free with purchase ( while offer/stock last )
- 128MB card
- air tight bag

4) Nikon D100 @ S$3,460.00
free with purchase ( while offer/stock last )
- 256MB card
- air tight bag

huh? canon vs nikon again?

for one, i'm damn happy that nikon didn't launch another entry-level DSLR so soon... reiterates my faith in their product R&D and that they're not merely launching digital models for the heck of it (not insinuating that canon is of course :D)

it also helps that i can sell my D100 at a decent price instead of something rock-bottom... ;)

Originally posted by Larry

for one, i'm damn happy that nikon didn't launch another entry-level DSLR so soon... reiterates my faith in their product R&D and that they're not merely launching digital models for the heck of it (not insinuating that canon is of course :D)

it also helps that i can sell my D100 at a decent price instead of something rock-bottom... ;)

On the other hand, I wished the do release D100 and D1 replacements. About time. And I can get D100/S2 Pro/D1x at rock bottom prices when the upgrade lust hits their owners. :devil:

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
On the other hand, I wished the do release D100 and D1 replacements. About time. And I can get D100/S2 Pro/D1x at rock bottom prices when the upgrade lust hits their owners. :devil:

Regards
CK
D1 replacement, yah i agree... time to launch an improved one. D100, no lah, so new, nothing much to improve on.

I would assume that manufacturing costs of DSLRs are going down which is why the 10D seems to be able to be retailed at US$1499 (if true).

So assume that Nikon doesn't release a D100 replacement but cuts the price by US$500 to reflect lower manufacturing costs. I would guess that D100 owners (who want to resell) will be as unhappy as D60 owners ;)

hey I got the D100 from ya at a decent price as well, if you feel bad I wont mind some rebates from u... 8)

I have no doubts that DSLR will drop in price for the years to come. It is basically the buyer's decision on when they wanna leap on the platform.

Likewise It is quite pointless to try to compare what the price of the AMD chip will be when Intel's latest chip is released.

Well, Nikon has 3-4 months to make up their minds and come to a decision. After all, between now and June, there is nothing from Canon (except for old stocks of D60s; who wants to buy it, knowing that the 10D is coming out. In any case, no D60 is in production) in that price range. Hey, let say Nikon reduces the price to US$1500-1600, I'm quite alright with it. After all, that is about 1 year since its release. It is kind of expected them to make it more price competitive, like HDs.

<Blatant insinuation>
I wonder what would the price next year for a 10D if Canon comes out with a replacement.
</Blatant insinuation>

My predict for singapore market was both DSLR would depreciate at 10% of current value at next one year. This trend would run at par with computer industry. The demand from low end consumer like us still attempt on purchasing as the digital camera is still a new born product. Either D100 or 10D is competiting on its features and cost inorder to capture the large segment of the market, Canon and Nikon are still designing or planning another set of new product to cater the demand in low end digital camera at more affordable price in the next stage. This stage of producing new product will have a 3 to 6 months lapse.

Anyway it is only my prediction.

Cheers.:cool:

D1 replacement, yah i agree... time to launch an improved one. D100, no lah, so new, nothing much to improve on.

really? nothing to improve on? e.g. noise level leh? are u saying D100 on par with the D1x already? , i dun think nikon will sit down and shake legs lar, brother! i believe nikon already have a new product, but they are waiting for the right time strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.