Guess what was this for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrari 1

Feb 26, 2007
Drycabinet4.jpg

Hi, Meter for dry cabinet

If the meter reading is correct..i think its abit too dry for camera equipment..:think:

:think: Mmmm... Wat was Ur range normally,my fri? :D< hee..

:think: Mmmm... Wat was Ur range normally,my fri? :D< hee..

Ferrari1, the correct humidity should be 45-55%. Yours is around 35%. If too dry, you may need to buy a new set of equipment soon. :D

Last edited:
Ferrari1, the correct humidity should be 45-55%. Yours is around 35%. If too dry, you may need to buy a new set of equipment soon. :D

Thx..,my fri. :D< hee..

Might be meter inaccuraccy..try another meter to verify..
too dry will have problem oso..TheChef is right abt the requirement..
avoid dropping below 40..:)

Rite! Thx..,my fri. :D< hee..

wat will happen if below 40 degree ?

haha..40degree no problem..

I guess u mean RH40..in the short term and regular usage, maybe not so significant..but prolong keeping equipment at RH levels lower than 40..the rubber may start to gets too dry and become sticky..:)

I guess u mean RH40..in the short term and regular usage, maybe not so significant..but prolong keeping equipment at RH levels lower than 40..the rubber may start to gets too dry and become sticky..:)

:think: Mmmm....

does that means sometimes I'd seen in some showcase where there are lots of halogen spot light, (especially jewellery shop), there is a small glass of water put in a corner, so as to balance up the humidity. Is that correct logic or what ? :dunno:

does that means sometimes I'd seen in some showcase where there are lots of halogen spot light, (especially jewellery shop), there is a small glass of water put in a corner, so as to balance up the humidity. Is that correct logic or what ? :dunno:

Put a glass of water??? U will make e humidity worst,my fri. :D< hee..

Put a glass of water??? U will make e humidity worst,my fri. :D< hee..

Actually, thats the idea, because some showcases are too dry (due to the lamps) and will cause some jewelry to lose its shine , the humidity has to be reintroduced using the water.

OMG!!!
I put my camera equipments in a dry cabinet and put it to RH at 25-30%...

It has been like that for 2 weeks, is it too late? :sweat:

Wow!!! Urs lower dan mine! Will nver too late,my fri. Coz Urs juz 2 wks. ;)< hee..

Actually, thats the idea, because some showcases are too dry (due to the lamps) and will cause some jewelry to lose its shine , the humidity has to be reintroduced using the water.

:think: Mmmm.... Interesting! :D< hee..

Status
Not open for further replies.