Guess What Lens Took These....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
These are the first few test shots taken with a new lens at different focal lengths...
Care to take a guess what lens this is? ;)

58073866.jpg

58073868.jpg

58073867.jpg

58073869.jpg

surely a ZD 11-22mm. ;)

remarkably sharp!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the last pic looks like some kind of egyptian sculpture. :lovegrin: u r indeed a big fan of pussies!! :bsmilie:

7-14mm my guess, damn tempting. pls no more pics. i canot tahan liao!;p

7-14 mm it is. You guys very sharp, like the lens ;) Guessed so fast, no fun one !

#1 at 7mm
#2 at 7mm
#3 at 9mm
#4 at 14mm

very obvious lah... the perspective distortion so much!! very sharp though and all the vertical lines in pic2 are totally straight! very impressive.

ZD lens does it again... impressive lens and pix.

This lens is very difficult to use in non-landscape photography :(
Those pics of my cats (#3, #4) looked normal except for the distortions but to take them, the lens (and camera) actually have to be placed just inches away from the subjects.... scared even my cats. And the flash have to be bounced as the lens would cast a shadow because of the closeness if flashed directly.
But.... I have to say that the E-330 is perfect for this lens for such photography because of the Live View function. It would have been impossible to compose using the normal optical viewfinder for such close-up shots without twisting my body into all kinds of unnatural positions and scaring away my 'models'. :eek:

tomcat said:
Those pics of my cats (#3, #4) looked normal except for the distortions but to take them, the lens (and camera) actually have to be placed just inches away from the subjects.... scared even my cats. And the flash have to be bounced as the lens would cast a shadow because of the closeness if flashed directly.
But.... I have to say that the E-330 is perfect for this lens for such photography because of the Live View function. It would have been impossible to compose using the normal optical viewfinder for such close-up shots without twisting my body into all kinds of unnatural positions and scaring away my 'models'. :eek:

There is also the VA-1, but I have to admit the Live View is definitely better.

plastic said:
There is also the VA-1, but I have to admit the Live View is definitely better.
I have that too. Not as useful as people think. You would still have to put your head right next to the camera to look through the viewfinder and lose eye-contact with the subject, unlike with the Live View. Now it's just sitting in my camera bag, doing nothing but taking up space. :(

tomcat said:
I have that too. Not as useful as people think. You would still have to put your head right next to the camera to look through the viewfinder and lose eye-contact with the subject, unlike with the Live View. Now it's just sitting in my camera bag, doing nothing but taking up space. :(

heehee... that's because you have the 330 my friend... think of us 300s guys...

I would have upgraded to the 330 except there is no vertical grip for the 330 yet, so I am just waiting for the new accessories to be released... sigh...

plastic said:
heehee... that's because you have the 330 my friend... think of us 300s guys...

I would have upgraded to the 330 except there is no vertical grip for the 330 yet, so I am just waiting for the new accessories to be released... sigh...
That's true.... for the E-300/E-500/E-1, that would be the only alternative :)
I do believe that the E-330 is not designed to take a vertical grip. A vertical grip is not in the list of supported accessories in the info sheet that came with the camera.
But do you really, really need the vertical grip in the first place?
When I had the E-300, I always took it off when I travelled as it made the camera very heavy, bulky and uncomfortable to hang around my neck the whole day. That was why I did not care too much that the E-330 did not have a vertical grip.

tomcat said:

Do these count as non-landscape?

93541985_d9cd4d2c1e_o.jpg

93538267_c7b67fd2c0_o.jpg

93538438_9d5660ae5e_o.jpg

tomcat said:
That's true.... for the E-300/E-500/E-1, that would be the only alternative :)
I do believe that the E-330 is not designed to take a vertical grip. A vertical grip is not in the list of supported accessories in the info sheet that came with the camera.
But do you really, really need the vertical grip in the first place?
When I had the E-300, I always took it off when I travelled as it made the camera very heavy, bulky and uncomfortable to hang around my neck the whole day. That was why I did not care too much that the E-330 did not have a vertical grip.

I like shooting with a vertical grip. It just feels right for me, that's all. And not to mention one charge on the double batteries gives me enough juice for a long outing. More importantly, the balance helps me shoot slow shutter handhelds much better.

Guess I will have to stick to the E-300 for now. ;)

Hacker said:
Do these counts as non-landscape?

93541985_d9cd4d2c1e_o.jpg
Oh yes !
I like this one. How close did you have to be to take this at 9mm focal length? Shooting at 14mm is definitely much easier indoors or outdoors.
I haven't the opportunity to take mine out for an outdoor shoot yet. My problem with non-landscape shots were with not-so-cooperative 'subjects' indoors. Also, the flash coverage is not complete at the wider end of the zoom, sometimes giving a 'spotlight' kind of effect which in itself can be quite nice, like in this shot at 9mm....

58140237.jpg

After looking at these shots, I wanna run out and buy myself the E330 with the 7-14mm lens. No budget at the moment. But if I can find the combo at $4K, I will buy it straight away.

Luv the kids shots.:thumbsup:

Hacker said:
Do these counts as non-landscape?

93538267_c7b67fd2c0_o.jpg

Ai yo, this photo so nice. The little boy soooo cute... cute fat cheeks. Can pinch? :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.