Status
Not open for further replies.

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
crw_4607.jpg

comments and critiques on this picture, anyone? :D

something's right and not right abt this pict...cant figure it out. sorry ya.

interesting twist to your subjects...non living things and a living thing.

if there's a title for this photograph, it would be titled abandoned. :)

thanks for the comments, but i don't understand what's not right bout this picture? :)

I think the photo is interesting cos although the camera is level to the ground ( I assume so cos the chair is level), the table is slanting, as well as the higher step to the right.

Peharps this is what you feel is not right about the photo?

One side of the the table stand is shorter than the other,some more got lizard climbing... I like the overall feeling which causing confusing and misleading by the table stand... :thumbsup:

the picture is very interesting coz of the number of lines and levels in it, the granularity adds character, and the tin and lizard add flavour... but what bothers me most is that only half the signature can be seen => cropped off.

personally, i would not go for "abandoned" as the title, as the picture in itself does not really bring across the feeling of abandonment. "abandoned guard post" or just "guard post" seems more appropriate... mine is usually not around when you need them... hahaha <- sure kana flamed for this comment!!!

IMHO!! :sweat:

hahahaaha.. c'mon.. i won't flame u or anything..

abandoned guard post will be more appropriate i thought too. :)

maybe i didn't explain properly or something.
this photo was taken outside an old multi storey carpark. and from what i understand, usually this setup(table and chair and some snacks!) was done by the security guards. they will sit there and sort of "ja-gar" the carpark. i'm sure u guys have seen soemething like this before right?
abandoned because the security guard went missing yeah? long enuff for the lizards to come and take over.. :p

thanks tweety and jack for the critiques! :)

ok...i think i got it...hopefully :)

the floor space is too little...if the space is enuff to cover to abt (not exactly) 1/3rd of the bottom frame, it'll make the picture look balance with all the uncertain lines that the picts have.

from the way i see it, the shot could be approached with a sq format, landscape (which you did here) and portrait formats...the subjects are simple...so framing & details will make the image better...you could also include more space (if you have enuff space) ard the subjects and will definitedly make the shot artistic, thus a keeper.

it's the priciples of geometry that chinese artists apply to balance their subjects in their paintings.

you have good contrast: white wall against dark grey floor, monotonous table and chair, a spice of colour on the can and a twist (the lizard).

hi khairi,

i took ur advice into consideration and also trying to picture how it would looked like it i have taken the shot further back thus showing more floor space. but apparently, the widest my lens could go is 28mm(on a 1.6x crop factor camera) and i remembered my back was against a wall... :dunno: no way to show more floor space unless i have a 12-24 or even wider.. :(

but anyway, thanks for the advice.. if i can, i willl revisit and try out what u said. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.