GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES for Lexar, Hagiwara, Kingston & SanDisk Memory Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastGear

In an effort to make shopping for memory cards easy and safe for ClubSnap members, with effect of 16th June 2004

EastGear Pte Ltd will match any online quotations (ClubSnap or otherwise) for Lexar, Hagiwara, Kingston & SanDisk Memory Cards.

memorycards.jpg

In addition FREE

cf_sd_case.jpg

1. All memory cards purchase will come with FREE Additional memory card (either CF or SD) jewel case holder. This jewel case is not available elsewhere
  2. Instantaneous (no waiting period) “1 for 1 exchange” warranty from EastGear for Lexar (5 years or Lifetime Warranty), Hagiwara (Lifetime), Kingston (5 years) and SanDisk (1 year) if proven that memory card cannot work properly due to manufacture defects.
  3. Free image recovery services
  4. GST absorbed
  5. No additional surcharge for Credit Card purchase (NETS & Cash also accepted)
  6. Dedicated service from a company specialized in selling memory cards. We have a dedicated retail sales showroom that is open to walk-ins all the time from Mon-Fri: 11am-8pm, Sat: 11am-7pm. (No need to call up individuals and meet at a corner of Sim Lim Square. Imagine trying to claim warranty!)

Our sales receipts and invoice are also 100% directly recognized for warranty claims by local distributors (no need to go through middlemen):

SanDisk Distributor

Vector Magnetics Pte Ltd
210 Middle Road #08-06 IOI Plaza
Singapore 188994
Tel: 6338 0129

Lexar, Hagiwara and Kingston Distributor

Convergent Systems (S) Pte Ltd
1 Rochor Canal Road #06-12 Sim Lim Square
Singapore 188504
Tel: (65) 6337 0177

About EastGear

EastGear is one of Singapore’s leading distributors of digital camera accessories. We are known for carrying well known brands of memory cards, batteries, chargers and portable storage. We are also the exclusive distributor of unique brands of products like Nixvue, X’s-Drive, Maha, CompactDrive.

EastGear has been around since the formation of ClubSnap. Its founders are one of the first few forum members when the ClubSnap community was still part of the HardWareZone Digicam & Photography Special Interest Group Forum. In essence, EastGear recognizes that ClubSnap & her forum members played an integral role in the success of EastGear and both entities share a very close knitted relationship.

Grateful for the support from ClubSnap members, EastGear is ever supportive of ClubSnap and the online photographic community initiative. EastGear is one of the major sponsor for the recent ClubSnap Birthday Bash. In addition, ClubSnap members gets exclusive offers and first access to new products (like the upcoming Lexar 80X Professional CompactFlash series). EastGear’s Peninsula Plaza’s shop also serve as a collection point for much of ClubSnap’s own massorders (like the Markins Ballhead) where 100% of the proceeds are used to fund the operation of this fantastic portal.

Disclaimer

EastGear will only match online quotations found on local Singapore websites/forums/posting originating from the original seller where delivery is performed within Singapore. This offer is only open to Singapore based ClubSnap members. Products must be collected from EastGear Peninsula Plaza #02-02 shop, no local or overseas delivery will be performed. Product must be brand new and of the exact same brand/make/model/age/packaging/condition. Should the other party offering the quotation not being able to fulfil the quotation, EastGear reserves the right not to match the quotation.

This offer is open only to Singapore based ClubSnap members (pls see disclaimer above)

To order, you need to send your order via PM (Private Messaging) to EastGear. After you send the PM, you can collect the item immediately at EastGear Peninsula Plaza #02-02 Shop. Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 11am-8pm, Sat: 11am-7pm, Sun & Public Holidays: Closed

Your PM will be the proof that you are a ClubSnap member. You can also call 68371582 to check on stock availability, but you still need to order via PM.

Everyone is welcomed to post 3rd party prices (with HTTP website links pls) for the benefit of everyone here.

Hi Eastgear,

I pmed Eastgear about a 256MB Sandisk Compact Flash card (SDCFB256-768) this afternoon to place an order for the card and asked them when I could collect the card. They quoted me $68 for the card and that I can collect immediately. I went all the way down from Jurong to Peninsula Plaza in the evening to collect it and they said that they don't have the brand or the card. I even printed the pm message from them and showed it to the staff. They just acted like it was no big deal. All they could do was suggest I get another brand. I didn't even get an apology from them

I wasted an MRT farefor the ride all the way down to Peninsula and back and dats not even considering the 1 1/2 hour journey.

What I want to know is, is there any accountability when you pm a reply to your customers and tell them you have stock and when the customer come and collect, you tell them you don't have? Plus what kind if service is dis if your staff can't even be bothered to apologise or explain how I got the pm from you that you have the item and then when I turn up to collect, you say that you don't have?

As it is now, with the wasted MRT fare and time, is it even a good deal anymore?

I hope you guys can clarify for me.

Cot

cotton said:
Hi Eastgear,

I pmed Eastgear about a 256MB Sandisk Compact Flash card (SDCFB256-768) this afternoon to place an order for the card and asked them when I could collect the card. They quoted me $68 for the card and that I can collect immediately. I went all the way down from Jurong to Peninsula Plaza in the evening to collect it and they said that they don't have the brand or the card. I even printed the pm message from them and showed it to the staff. They just acted like it was no big deal. All they could do was suggest I get another brand. I didn't even get an apology from them

I wasted an MRT farefor the ride all the way down to Peninsula and back and dats not even considering the 1 1/2 hour journey.

What I want to know is, is there any accountability when you pm a reply to your customers and tell them you have stock and when the customer come and collect, you tell them you don't have? Plus what kind if service is dis if your staff can't even be bothered to apologise or explain how I got the pm from you that you have the item and then when I turn up to collect, you say that you don't have?

As it is now, with the wasted MRT fare and time, is it even a good deal anymore?

I hope you guys can clarify for me.

Cot

Dear Sir,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

In my hurry to reply your PM, I mistakenly saw your order as a Hagiwara 256MB CF. That is why I said that you can collect the order immediately as we have plenty of stock of Hagiwara & Toshiba 256MB Compact Flash.

It is my oversight and I apologise for that.

However, I was personally there when you came to collect the order. I would have personally apologise and explain the situation to you had you not got onto the phone and carried on with the phone conversation until you leave the shop.

The reason we stock Hagiwara & Toshiba CF instead of SanDisk CF is because both Hagiwara & Toshiba CF uses a faster, better memory chip made in Japan, while SanDisk is made in China. Hagiwara & Toshiba 256MB CF is also much cheaper at $68 compared to SanDisk which is $85. Warranty for Hagiwara is also longer (lifetime "1 for 1" warranty) while Toshiba & SanDisk have the same 1 year warranty. Given these reasons, most of our customers prefer Hagiwara & Toshiba over SanDisk, which is the reason why we stock more of the former. We are still able to get SanDisk but on indent basis.

Once again I apologise for your time and money wasted in travelling down to our. I offer to deliver the SanDisk 256MB CF (at my initial offer price of $68) to you. I hope that your kind self can give us another chance to prove that EastGear does have good service.

Please PM, email or call me to arrange for a suitable delivery time and location.

Daniel Chin
Marketing Manager
daniel@eastgear.com
Tel: 68371582

In their defence, I would like to weigh in to state that I bought an NB-2L battery from EastGear some months back. The battery never did hold a good charge, but became terrible lately. Today, passing by the place, I decided to see if I could take up the warranty (I didn't bring my receipt). To my surprise, it was an instant 1-to-1 exchange, there wasn't a request to check my receipt, only a question to make sure it was an EastGear battery. Very gracious businessmen, and it sure earned them one customer who'll trust them to stand behind their product, or make things right for their customer.

To my surprise, it was an instant 1-to-1 exchange, there wasn't a request to check my receipt, only a question to make sure it was an EastGear battery.

yes...indeed EastGear give almost the best service in town..I believe most of us had dealt with them, would find it the deal is very pleasant. Matt and Daniel are both nice guy to talk to.

I was also impressed with their business attitude of fufilling the promise of "guarantee" and "1 to 1 exchange" policy

Pls also read http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=42643

From r32 respond, maybe i should go down to eastgear one day to see about my battery.

About one month ago, I went down to eastgear to buy two NB1LH batttery. Although it stated 1000mAh, somehow I felt that It does not last as long as the original battery.

Btw, the original capacity is just 840mAh and I been using it for two years.

Just like to add some comments about Eastgear of my own. The owners definately serve you much better.

I think recently after they shifted, they employed some staff and they are not very friendly and professional.

I tried to exchange a 4 in 1 CF adapter previously and their staff was quite pissed to serve me. The owners were at the PC show. Only after much pesistance did he decide to give the owners a call. But they only took down my MMC card details and contact details but have yet to contact me.

Nonetheless, service for previous purchases (battery charger, battery) were definately better.

Maybe eastgear might wanna check on the staff they hire. If this goes on, it's gonna affect their business.

I bought a Hagiwara CF card in the afternoon and wasn't given the free jewel case. :cry: Had I known it was to be given free, I would have asked for it.

upz for the guys at eastgear. :thumbsup:

Would appreciate if members stick to the main topic of eastgear's offer on cheap memory prices and maybe post their concerns via PM or in another thread.

Cheers

skyline_impreza said:
From r32 respond, maybe i should go down to eastgear one day to see about my battery.

About one month ago, I went down to eastgear to buy two NB1LH batttery. Although it stated 1000mAh, somehow I felt that It does not last as long as the original battery.

Btw, the original capacity is just 840mAh and I been using it for two years.

Yeah, you should. I bought a BP511 last year that died after a month and when I brought it to them, they gave me a new set without even testing the faulty one.

Honestly, I think that their service is nothing short of excellent. :thumbsup:

In fairness to eastgear staff, they offer a good service.
like what happen to me. I bought a X-Drive Pro at one of the
it show, 3 months ago. Then I decide to sell it but I lost the
receipt. The guy who wants to buy the X-Drive Pro wants
a receipt, but I lost it. so I call daniel & ask if I can get a receipt
issue & sign by them for a 9 months warranty. Daniel said its ok
you can come down & collect the receipt.
around 7:30pm I came to there shop & they give me a receipt.
Thats what I mean of Good service. keep it up EASTGEAR.

kulit007
:thumbsup:

Since we are on the subject of service, my personal experience there with Eastgear has always been a very pleasant experience. :)

Just bought something today and i noticed that before my item was passed to me, Mori Mori actually checked the item, gave advice on how to store it and of course, was very friendly throughout (but then again, i know him personally :bsmilie: ). :)

Always enjoyed shopping there so far myself too. :) :thumbsup:

Any MMC on sale too EASTGEAR??

Iam very pleased with their service so far :thumbsup:
The first time there I bought a X-Drive Pro from them and brought my own hardisk..the sales personnel was very helpful..and fitted the hd for me and tested it to make sure it worked.
Thereafter have frequented the shop for mem cards and misc items.
Highly recommended and commended for their service and pricing. :)

Hi everyone

Just to let you guys know that if you use a MS Color / AP / CP e-quote, you will need to add 5% GST. That's the price that Eastgear will pricematch at.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony for the clarification.

To clarify further, what we meant by "GST Absorbed" is that we will match any price you have to pay for any online quotation, there is no additional 5% GST charge on top of the price that we are matching.

For example, if you have to pay $100 at shop ABC, whether ABC is GST registered or not, we will charge the same amount of $100. There is no additional 5% charge.

Cool... :thumbsup:
Keep up the good work Eastgear... :bsmilie:

EastGear said:
Thanks Anthony for the clarification.

To clarify further, what we meant by "GST Absorbed" is that we will match any price you have to pay for any online quotation, there is no additional 5% GST charge on top of the price that we are matching.

For example, if you have to pay $100 at shop ABC, whether ABC is GST registered or not, we will charge the same amount of $100. There is no additional 5% charge.

EastGear is the best I should say. Was there today around 2pm. Bought a 128MB CF HG-Branded Card. Compared the prices at SLS. A few shops there charged me S$60, S$50, S$40 (all w/o GST) respectively. So if I include GST it would cost more for the same product. However EastGear only charged me S$39 and provided me with a lifetime warranty - which other shop did not have.

However, I paid an additional S$1.. (something minor) cos when I checked my PM just now, EastGear quoted me S$38 instead of S$39 :) ah nvm. The S$1 is not a big issue. The main thing here is, indeed, the service is VERY VERY EXCELLENT.... GREAT PRICES and NO DIRTY GIMMICKS.

A very recommanded shop.

Three cheers EastGear!

Status
Not open for further replies.