GT2530EX or GT1530

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hein

Jun 19, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi Guys,

Close the previous thread, and opened this one...
You cannot find the info of the GT2930EX in Gitzo's own website is because it's a discontinued model. The new replacement for this 'short life span' model is the new GT2931EX which is a tad taller when it is properly set up, even my 2006 Gitzo catalog did not feature this GT2930EX and I saw this at cathay few months back, than Gitzo revamp all their tripod line end of 2006 and I think they know there's a small problem with this GT2930EX - a bit short - which lead to GT2931EX which has maximum 152cm hight while GT2930EX is about 14Xcm tall.

I think this GT2930EX production runs for a few months only, but quite a bargain than at cathay.

I'll a few friends that owns Gitzo's Explorer, a 2 series which I think mate better with an M10.
Q3 might be a bit small for 100-400mm, but I think it is still possible to use with it.

Hope this info help.

Thanks VitaCS.. Appreciate the update, and yeps; the 2931EX seems taller

Well, just by doing some online research now, and found out the new 6x explorers instead of Basalt. I'm kinda down to those two choices for my tripods:

1. GT2530EX
1.8 kg Can hold 12kg very versatile
2. GT1530
1.1kg only Can hold 8kg very easy to move around

Those two cost around US$500+ :( Hehe, come come my bonus and raise :)
Any comments on those two tripods

As for the heads, the Q3 is specced to hold 30kg... woow.. Is it worth paying $100 more for the M10, since the Q3 'should' hold 30kg easily???? Any slippage/creeks with the Q3 and 100-400???? Well, appreciate the advise, since I'll be getting the head alone first with my old Manfrotto 190 tripod

Bro, I was at CP (Penn) yesterday and the sales person told me a new shipment of Gitzo tripods would be arriving next week. You may want to go down and physically try them out yourself. :D

Bro, I was at CP (Penn) yesterday and the sales person told me a new shipment of Gitzo tripods would be arriving next week. You may want to go down and physically try them out yourself. :D

Hi Ipin...

THanks.. I actually got the 1530 today, and boy, that thing is LIGHT.....

Hi Ipin...

Hi Hein

Where did you get the GT1530? Are there other models available? Thanks.

Leong

Hi Ipin...

You got it from CP & at what price? Are the new stocks in yet? ;p

You got it from CP & at what price? Are the new stocks in yet? ;p

I was in CP yesterday...the price for GT1530 is abt $900 - $1000...that is very expensive. Another model GT1540 is also abt this price.

I was in CP yesterday...the price for GT1530 is abt $900 - $1000...that is very expensive. Another model GT1540 is also abt this price.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:
But how much is the 1540? Tempted bec of it's shorter folded length. ;p

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:
But how much is the 1540? Tempted bec of it's shorter folded length. ;p

GT1530 - $800
GT1540 - $890

GT1530 - $800
GT1540 - $890

Prices from CP?
Are these the prices on the price tags or after 'discount'? ;p

Prices from CP?
Are these the prices on the price tags or after 'discount'? ;p

prices here are really high... u chould check out the prices in us... for 800 u can get series 2... like GT2530....
For Example....
it's only 520 USD for the 2530...

prices here are really high... u chould check out the prices in us... for 800 u can get series 2... like GT2530....
For Example....
it's only 520 USD for the 2530...

the 2540 looks! ;p
But @ $574.95USD with an exchange rate of 1.7 (excluding bank admin CC fees) would come close to S$1K liao lor. What is your exchange rate and what is the current rate? :think:

the 2540 looks! ;p
But @ $574.95USD with an exchange rate of 1.7 (excluding bank admin CC fees) would come close to S$1K liao lor. What is your exchange rate and what is the current rate? :think:

UOB's exchange rate (look at the bottom right corner) is about 1.55... so it's not that bad.. esp if u have friends there who are coming back.. then dun have to pay postage and gst....
i checked the 2530 is about 1.1k in sg... in US it's SGD800.. 300 less.. not including postage and gst...
if u add postage (USD55 from bh website) and gst(5% of total cost+shipping) it's still about 940...

prob is prophoto is keeping prices high since they're distributing... i remember asking about the G1157 some months back and they quoted me >1k when CP was selling at <800.. i'd be very cautious about buying from them...

UOB's exchange rate (look at the bottom right corner) is about 1.55... so it's not that bad.. esp if u have friends there who are coming back.. then dun have to pay postage and gst....
i checked the 2530 is about 1.1k in sg... in US it's SGD800.. 300 less.. not including postage and gst...
if u add postage (USD55 from bh website) and gst(5% of total cost+shipping) it's still about 940...

prob is prophoto is keeping prices high since they're distributing... i remember asking about the G1157 some months back and they quoted me >1k when CP was selling at <800.. i'd be very cautious about buying from them...

I can get the GT2540 cheaper than the price of S$940 locally. ;p

wah, u guys got so many gitzo lobang, can PM me? All my gitzos are gotten from CP I dunno other places got cheaper deals leh.

wah, u guys got so many gitzo lobang, can PM me? All my gitzos are gotten from CP I dunno other places got cheaper deals leh.

might be getting one on Friday early evening with Ola. We can go together. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.