GST...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
One of the revenues collected by the government to run a country is tax. And GST is one of them.

Do you think GST is the fairest way to collect tax?

It's not fair when you do your personal taxes honestly and someone else doesn't.

So I think it's fair as everyone must pay it.

Do you think GST is the fairest way to collect tax?
YES ....
it's a tax where you can CHOOSE to pay or not to pay ....:think:
and
it's usually the rich will pay more than the poor ....

Last edited:
7% GST Tax = people unhappy

1% GST Tax = people happy

:bsmilie:

let's lookup in the next 10 years time.
got this feeling its gonna rise up
what if 9% GST in 2015?

Define fairness.

earn more pay more tax or spend more pay more tax??

Good point. I never think of earning and spending.

If you have the mean you normally spend more. Then you pay more GST.

A watch is a watch. It can cost $20 between $20,000 or more. If you pay $20, the GST is $1.40. If you spend $20,000, your GST is $14,00.

let's lookup in the next 10 years time.
got this feeling its gonna rise up
what if 9% GST in 2015?

U are very conservative. I think 14% is a good figure. I guess by then we will pay less income tax.

Good point. I never think of earning and spending.

If you have the mean you normally spend more. Then you pay more GST.

A watch is a watch. It can cost $20 between $20,000 or more. If you pay $20, the GST is $1.40. If you spend $20,000, your GST is $14,00.

err..7% on $20,000 is $1,400.00...

anyways, me passed the diapers phase...so yay saved GST on diapers...

I think after the next GE (2011/12), 10% is the target figure...to be in par with our neighbours..:nono:

We may have less teachers and less policeman and equal to less education and more crime.

To me, GST is not good cos it tax on everyone. Even those who annual pay is too low to be taxed.

As we can see from last GST raise, everything raised. Keep it simple, tax on how much the people are earning is more fair to me.

Earn more, tax more.

or like what CALEFARE says...

YOU EARN MONEY...YOU PAY GST!!! - err slightly changed..lol

To me, GST is not good cos it tax on everyone. Even those who annual pay is too low to be taxed.

As we can see from last GST raise, everything raised. Keep it simple, tax on how much the people are earning is more fair to me.

Earn more, tax more.

but no few gahmen will do that. it will lead to a brain drain. those who earn more just migrant. sounds fair upfront but got nagative implications, very negatives 1s in the long run somemore... :sweat:

but no few gahmen will do that. it will lead to a brain drain. those who earn more just migrant. sounds fair upfront but got nagative implications, very negatives 1s in the long run somemore... :sweat:

That is if he can migrate to a country where there is no or lesser tax than here. And, get paid the same amount with the similar lifestyle and living standard.

Just pity those lower paying people who have to pay GST or GST induced increment.

Hope the GST rebate really can help them.

Earn more, tax more.
this is the old way to get the tax revenue, it discourage people to earn more money for himself and his country.

most countries are already switching to GST, you spend more, you will pay more tax. everybody is the same.

That is if he can migrate to a country where there is no or lesser tax than here. And, get paid the same amount with the similar lifestyle and living standard.

Just pity those lower paying people who have to pay GST or GST induced increment.

Hope the GST rebate really can help them.
some people just move their business to a country are more tax friendly to company, they don't have to stay there all the time.

In some countries more essential items such as food is taxed less than luxury items such as Nikons :) which I think is more fair as those who spend luxury goods are taxed more. Food is something everyone (poor or rich) needs......diapers are for rich babies :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.