Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm The One

Aug 8, 2006
GST going up from 5% to 7% - PM Lee

please state source.

can use the private message function to PM lee?:bsmilie:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/241058/1/.html

SINGAPORE: The Goods and Services Tax will be increased to 7 percent, from the current 5 percent. This was announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in Parliament on Monday.

Mr Lee said more details would be given in next year's Budget Speech which has been scheduled for 15 February.

The Prime Minister made the announcement when responding to the issues raised by MPs over 4 days of debate - among them the widening income gap in Singapore as a result of globalisation.

Stressing that globalisation was here to stay, and Singaporeans would have to deal with its impact, Mr Lee said this was something that could strain the country's social compact, and this was why it was essential that there would be a whole set of measures to tilt playing field in favour of the lower income group.

Adding that the GST increase would help finance enhanced social safety nets to help this group, Mr Lee said it was better to raise the GST when the economy was doing well. - CNA /dt

a 1k lens i need to fork out $70 to gahment....

they are starting to reach that limit...........

:thumbsup: Good Move !

:vhappy: Of course

:cheers: to the elites !

I :heart: the govt deep deep

:angel:

damn.. comparing to indonesia, my country, singapore is much much much much richer.. but still asking for more gst.. aiyo..

soon.... the price of chicken rice, drinks, bah chor mee, mee siam all up price..... time to work harder and harder.....

:think: our service deserved 7% meh.....:dunno:

We struggled to cope with 5%. Now it's 7%.
Salaries didnt rise with inflation and increased GST.
In fact, CPF contributions dropped.
Coughers *coughs* are getting well lined up.

We struggled to cope with 5%. Now it's 7%.
Salaries didnt rise with inflation and increased GST.
In fact, CPF contributions dropped.
Coughers *coughs* are getting well lined up.

the best line up is that this is happening after elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.