GST up to 7%

Status
Not open for further replies.
....more pple will start jumping MRT track soon....

mmmm:think: ...or should i stay put in China? But the VAT there is 17%..

Really not understand the meaning of GST now.
GST = Good Service Tax or Government Service Tax
Don't seem having a good service when I making payment, nor government people to provide any services at the payment counter. :bsmilie:

mmmm:think: ...or should i stay put in China? But the VAT there is 17%..

stay put. my whole family is basically living through china.

win liao lor.. garmet like that.........

they win liao la....

i bet u all that each and everyone will gain 5 more kgs each next year...

they good ......

garmet. i lub u much much. u better remember this... :thumbsd:

it's around 25% in Sweden iirc ;p ... in Japan it's 5% now, but will definitely go up in near future

:think: our service deserved 7% meh.....:dunno:

its for the 2 years of free island wide (ok not so island wide) wifi network...?

:sweat:

anyway not fair to compare to other countries...although tax higher, but would you prefer to stay in that country? If the tax compared was lower, would you prefer to stay in that country?

Questions questions....no answers. :bsmilie:

its for the 2 years of free island wide (ok not so island wide) wifi network...?

:sweat:

anyway not fair to compare to other countries...although tax higher, but would you prefer to stay in that country? If the tax compared was lower, would you prefer to stay in that country?

Questions questions....no answers. :bsmilie:

somemore they are welfare states. singapore isn't.

&$%$%#%$@^%$#%^............ to all those who make this happen.:thumbsd::thumbsd:knnb..;(

&$%$%#%$@^%$#%^............ to all those who make this happen.:thumbsd::thumbsd:knnb..;(

according to p a p, it is to prevent widening of the income gap. so..., erm....., you blaming the poor leh.;p

Stressing that globalisation was here to stay, and Singaporeans would have to deal with its impact, Mr Lee said this was something that could strain the country's social compact, and this was why it was essential that there would be a whole set of measures to tilt playing field in favour of the lower income group.

Adding that the GST increase would help finance enhanced social safety nets to help this group, Mr Lee said it was better to raise the GST when the economy was doing well. - CNA /dt
the direct effect of GST increase is felt the most by the poor because they spend the largest part of their income on necessities.

but the govt says it will use the GST money to pay for safety nets for the poor. so i guess what it means is that the ones that will be most squeezed at the end of the day are the middle-income folks.

It beggars belief that raising the GST without raising income tax for higher income earners can actually NARROW the income gap?:dunno: :dunno: Sounds dubious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.