GST gonna increase liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
OH NO!:(

wah lau... draining us of money... =( even at times like these

is this the best idea the million dollar ministers can come up with ?

I think they are going to reduce income tax and increase GST... or something like that... anyway 3% GST is very low compared to some other countries which has 10%

Originally posted by Jayan
What next???

Road tax for Pedestrains??? :confused:

Oi, don't give ideas leh.

And we have 17.5% over here...

NSS payback time!

Originally posted by Flare
I think they are going to reduce income tax and increase GST... or something like that... anyway 3% GST is very low compared to some other countries which has 10%

It's true that income taxes will be lowered with the GST increasing.
However, it is unfair to those that are not earning enough to be taxed. They will be paying for the increased GST but they don't have to pay tax, in the end, they get no savings from the govt at all. In a nutshell, the rich will get richer and the poor will still remain poor. :(

This new scheme is to attract foreign investment to Singapore. Will it suceed? It leaves much to be seen. :dunno:

Oi!! Don't give them that idea.

What next???

Later they will attach a ERP device on ur house and for every breath you take.. they charge 50cents for non-peak hours and 1 dollars for peak hours.. ;p

How about having the most zany idea to earn money for the government thread here?:D I'll continue.

During public holidays, the Istana will turn into a theme park and charge $25 per head per entry.

What next???

Originally posted by Klause
Later they will attach a ERP device on ur house and for every breath you take.. they charge 50cents for non-peak hours and 1 dollars for peak hours.. ;p

GST increase make so much noise. cigarette taxes increase like no body business people still smoke.

sigh.............

Originally posted by ninelives
GST increase make so much noise. cigarette taxes increase like no body business people still smoke.

sigh.............
Aiyah, cigarette taxes increase doesn't increase the price of the DC I want ot buy later mah. Films, film processing and printing and other costs also go up with GST up! :cry:

Those people still smoke because they addicted already and their nerve is calmed by the cigaratte they smoke so no complain loh! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.