Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpy

Jun 9, 2006
Taken last Saturday 22 Sep.

DSC_1573a.jpg

DSC_1576a.jpg

DSC_1588a.jpg

#1- Colour needs PS to boost contrast. The highlights are too strong. The cranes are an eye-sore.
#2 - looks like a crop of #1. #1 would be better if it was taken at night.
#3 - I am not sure what you are trying to capture.

Keep shooting!

Thanks Madmax for the comments.

Here's another for Mid Autumn Festival

飞龙在天
DSC_1584a.jpg

You've got a great blue sky just for you! :) :thumbsup: Nice work.

Hi Grumpy, great efforts. Personally just felt that the cranes are really a distraction in the first pic. Taking this from a different perspective may help, there are quite a few bridges at Clarke Quay where you should be able to get a better composition. :)

then next time take a nice blue sky will be enough.

If you don't like me, just say it. No need to twist my comments. If you find his pics not up to your 'professional' standard, it's your business. I am fine with them. If you don't like the blue sky, then wear sunglasses.

i like #3. you have the general idea. keep it up. :thumbsup:

I prefer the 1st photo to the 2nd. In the first photo it gives a wider perspective it shows where the boat is heading. I find the colors abit muted maybe you could have enhance it, this more of a personal preference.

#3 Nice portraying of architectural forms. Dun know is it due to my screen a find the whites is a wee bit over.

PS: Leejay and zaxh81, i suggest that you 2 take your argument somewhere else. It's being rude to Grumpy, can we not OT and get back to the discussion on the photos. :)

avdrider is right, you have the general idea of architectural shots for pic #3, but I find that you didn't get the right angle to get the best out of it. Perhaps by taking in portrait instead of landscape will capture more sky and the bldg. IMHO... :)

You've got a great blue sky just for you! :) :thumbsup: Nice work.

Thanks leejay

Hi Grumpy, great efforts. Personally just felt that the cranes are really a distraction in the first pic. Taking this from a different perspective may help, there are quite a few bridges at Clarke Quay where you should be able to get a better composition. :)

Thanks Visi0n.

Just curious why is everyone saying there are cranes? Those are bungy towers. ;p
I included them because I prefer more of the river, maybe use it like a leading line.

avdrider is right, you have the general idea of architectural shots for pic #3, but I find that you didn't get the right angle to get the best out of it. Perhaps by taking in portrait instead of landscape will capture more sky and the bldg. IMHO... :)

Thanks guys. Next time will try verticle frame.

I prefer the 1st photo to the 2nd. In the first photo it gives a wider perspective it shows where the boat is heading. I find the colors abit muted maybe you could have enhance it, this more of a personal preference.

#3 Nice portraying of architectural forms. Dun know is it due to my screen a find the whites is a wee bit over.

Thanks Taurean. Guess I need to go caliberate my monitor.

First pic, your buidling a little bit slanted....

Now that you mention.... it is! My bad. Will be more careful next time.
thanks for dropping by Azure.

If you don't like me, just say it. No need to twist my comments. If you find his pics not up to your 'professional' standard, it's your business. I am fine with them. If you don't like the blue sky, then wear sunglasses.
Blue skies doesn't compensate for a slant building,if you think my comment harsh,then wear a skirt.

Hi zaxh81,

No offense, but I suggest to stop all this now. Your comments are not helping the TS in any particular ways to improve on the images. Constructive comments should be direct to the TS's photos, and not provide a sarcastic remark to a fellow CS's comment on the TS's posts. Leejay's has comment from his point of view and preference. If you felt that the image can be improved based on your own opinion, then post meaningful C&C on the image itself. Otherwise, just leave it as it is. We are all here to share and learn, so please let this thread be focus on C&C to the photos instead. Thanks.

i agree with VisiOn... ;) btw... i like the blue sky... makes the pic look nice... :D

Hi zaxh81,

No offense, but I suggest to stop all this now. Your comments are not helping the TS in any particular ways to improve on the images. Constructive comments should be direct to the TS's photos, and not provide a sarcastic remark to a fellow CS's comment on the TS's posts. Leejay's has comment from his point of view and preference. If you felt that the image can be improved based on your own opinion, then post meaningful C&C on the image itself. Otherwise, just leave it as it is. We are all here to share and learn, so please let this thread be focus on C&C to the photos instead. Thanks.

What is good is that these show that even with an aged D70, one can get nice blues. However, Grumpy, do note that you may have pushed over a little... look at the highlights in your first pic.

Likewise, anyone who finds my (very very rare) comments not to their taste, please do not read.

Status
Not open for further replies.