growing Chinese arrogance

sfoto100

Nov 29, 2009
[video=youtube;rBvwbshrc4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBvwbshrc4Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Sad to see this on LNY night. Proud to be Singaporean.

HK ppl are facing the same issues as us. PRC are now taking up their jobs, taking up their resourses (hospital beds, MTR pack). A war is soon to begin.

HK ppl are facing the same issues as us. PRC are now taking up their jobs, taking up their resourses (hospital beds, MTR pack). A war is soon to begin.

Except that this is not Chinese land. This is Singapore. Between the conflicts of the US and China, we play our cards and keep ourselves strong and competitive. But the Hong Kongers are in a different situation, they really have no choice, those who don't like China administration, had already left before 97 or had been leaving after 97. Those who still staying there, have no choice and have to integrate and loss their Hongkonger identity and pride, surely and eventually, as the PRC slowly at first but forcefully now, swallow them back. And I have to say Hong Kongers are NOT dogs of the British. They are simply, just people born into a different way of life more in line with the modern civic and cosmopolitan world. We also cannot deny the fact that HK sheltered and provided for many important Chinese people during the earlier torments of Chinese civil war and later WWII, when mainland China was in a mess. It is sad that they now have to suffer the ways of their parent nation. All Chinese, but all behave differently.

:bsmilie:要不是中央政府照顧你們香港,完蛋了
[video=youtube;g2S8TihKMBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2S8TihKMBQ[/video]:bsmilie:

my GREATEST fear is the loss of Hong Kong identity, HK movies (one of my my greatest love), HK food...

i talked so much, but I have not been to HK before, but I will one day. I just don't have enough leave for so many things.

To me, HK movies is the greatest! I almost only watch HK movies and nothing else, and i only like it in Cantonese

There is some flavor, taste, feel, mood that can ONLY be conveyed by HK movies, that can ONLY be convey through Cantonese!

sfoto100 said:
my GREATEST fear is the loss of Hong Kong identity, HK movies (one of my my greatest love), HK food...

i talked so much, but I have not been to HK before, but I will one day. I just don't have enough leave for so many things.

To me, HK movies is the greatest! I almost only watch HK movies and nothing else, and i only like it in Cantonese

There is some flavor, taste, feel, mood that can ONLY be conveyed by HK movies, that can ONLY be convey through Cantonese!

If Hong Kongers fear this, imagine how the Tibetan people feel.

Just who is that a$$hole guy?? All his comments are totally worthless and crap.

I hate the mainland chinese who thinks that they are the world and that just because they have some money to travel, they are the KING anywhere. I was in Hong Kong previously and I can understand why the Hong Kongers dislike the mainland chinese. They are rude, crass and do not have any MANNERS whatsoever.

I was so irritated with their behaviour in the Ocean Park that even I had to raise my voice and scold a couple of them for continuously flashing within the dark exhibits when it is clearly stated in at least 2 languages that FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY is NOT ALLOWED.

That said, I do have Chinese mainland friends and think that not all of them are like this, but they really are a growing trend of being irritating when they travel.

The day will come when all our favourite Hong Kong actors and actresses speak in Mandarin with their Cantonese accent.:bsmilie:

If Hong Kongers fear this, imagine how the Tibetan people feel.

i am so glad you remember the Tibetans, thank you very much from the depth of my heart! Tibetan Buddhism has a great impact in my life, and the Tibetans and their language is the support for Tibetan Buddhism.. but i must say things are not very good for the Tibetans really... i just hope and pray for the better.. sigh...

he saying we singaporean no 素质 :bheart: think we should smoke and throw rubbish anyhow, everywhere to make us a better person..

Depending which turf u are at, it's common to feel like that but to make such remark in public, it says something about this guy, who claims to be the decedent of Confucius :)

Because of the economic importance of China, Hong Kong people have taken advantage of the closeness to it for business opportunities.

Although many Hong Kong people are able to speak fluent Mandarin but Cantonese is still importantly used in their parliament, administration and education. I think Hong Kong people are protective about their dialect to the extent that they dont' want their northern rulers to understand them.

The rest of my family have moved to live and work in Hong Kong. In the 9 years of living there my daughter has learned and picked up Mandarin although at work and at home she uses English.

There is a big shortage of kindergartens teaching mainly Mandarin let alone primary schools.. Our granddaughter couldn't get into one and has to go to an American-run kindergarten. This shows Hong Kong is not very serious in promoting Mandarin as their lingua franca.

An British expatriate is exasperate about her children can't function in a local school in Hong Kong as there is no support system for anyone who can't speak Cantonese. International schools are expensive and entry is competitive as many Hong Kong people hold dual citizenships.

Cantonese is Hong Kong identity. It is not going to be easy to change it overnight. I remembered years ago it was almost impossible for us to understand magazines and newspapers published in Hong Kong because Cantonese had its own perculiar written expressions.

A few Chinese can rant all they can until their faces turn black in television but they can't change Hong Kong until Hong Kong people decide to change.
this is a pretty good analysis :)

lol..calling hkgers dogs. sure kena from some hk mafia sooner or later. he come sg sure kena big time.