growing Chinese arrogance

[video=youtube;rBvwbshrc4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBvwbshrc4Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

wat?!

does this 'professor' think that Singapore was a part of China as well?

otherwise why are we being blasted? just because we're a small nation?

why dun he blast the US or the UK?

tamade, bodaiboji kena. :(

Who claimed he is a prof? He does not behave as one. No prof in his right mind will insult one's countrymen (the HK people) on TV and call them dogs.
Laws are required because there are all kinds of people. Some people need a fine or a caning or a jail sentence to teach them not to do certain misdeeds.
The people who internalised good social conduct well are the Japanese. Definitely not the Mainland Chinese. Definitely not Singaporeans.

Behaving badly on TV and saying uncouth things about HKers will not endear him to the PRC ruling leadership. They may WHACK him.
Because this leaves the Taiwanese who view the show with a bad impression - just when the PRC are trying to convince them to relate to the mainland.
But perhaps it is on purpose - to get more viewership this way.

Photographed this sign on the table top of a BKK hotel room; exhorting PRC tourists (who have not yet internalised good behavior) not to spit all over the room.

BKKPRCnospitsmallmpcrop.jpg

Last edited:
i've read the summary on the ST... well, i'm amused that he claims the virtues of a gracious society is actually forced upon them, and its not a "true" thing.

well... leave him with his nation. perhaps its due to the rising affluence, hence such views. what can we do about it? :)

I have some Singaporean friends who would do the same despite coming from a tiny dot. To be fair, China is indeed a big country with all kind of scenic views, some spectacular, just that they have not been packaged or marketed properly.

If you think about what that Beijing U prof is saying, he is not entirely wrong. There are people who kowtow to caucasians and look down on asians. We see that a lot in Singapore as well. However his delivery is crass and crude. The host also did not step in to change his tone. Calling other nationalities "dog" and generalising them as uncivil is unbecoming of a highly educated prof.

:) Years back, an uncle of mine travelled to Hong Kong. While queuing for custom, an ang moh(caucasian) was in front of him. The HK custom officer greeted the ang moh with a smile and said "Welcome to Hong Kong" after stamping his passport.

When it was my uncle's turn, the same custom officer's questioned his purpose of visiting Hong Kong in a rather unfriendly manner!

My uncle's response was "Visiting Dog's show".

Go figure! :bsmilie:

On the other hand, a true story I encountered last year in Melbourne. A Chinese walked into a restaurant in Box Hill, Melbourne. Asking for the boss coz he was sicked of waiting for a table. When the boss came, he asked "how much you want to sell your restaurant?"

Caused of this arrogance, the boss decided to jack up his selling price.....from $200k to $350K.

Without the blink of an eye, the China man took out $40K cash and a name card on the table....said "This is my lawyer's address, you can go and sign the contract tomorrow!"

Soon, the restaurant changed hand and the boss was ecstatic.

Does it matter if China is arrogant or not? In this tough economic climate...... I wish there are many more like him/her ley :bsmilie:

i am so glad you remember the Tibetans, thank you very much from the depth of my heart! Tibetan Buddhism has a great impact in my life, and the Tibetans and their language is the support for Tibetan Buddhism.. but i must say things are not very good for the Tibetans really... i just hope and pray for the better.. sigh...

Not forgetting Taiwan which had been a long term target for PRC.

before everyone post s.hi.it, post nonsense, post crap, criticize , check out the origin video first..

[video=youtube;wEComrx76uY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wEComrx76uY#![/video]

Last edited:
I've been to Hk at least once a year for the past few years for holidays. And with every visit, the number of tourists from china grew too.

With every respect, I am a Chinese and I love all people of my races. But I feel that with all the argument of arrogance, the tourists from China are treating HK with alot of disrespect in alot of ways.

e.g. They spit commonly in public, MTR, shopping centres and even beloved Disneyland! They have cultural respect during their visit and think that HKers should treat them with alot of respect.

That said, I feel that the greatest obstacle and the root of delusion is that both sides feel that they are superior to one another and neither one would choose to give in nor forgive.

If that is attained, I believe harmony would soon be in sight.

taiwan new policies have made it pretty flooded with chinese tourists.

last year was horrible. mainlanders screaming and yelling in hotel in the middle of the night. sigh.

as i say...

[video=youtube;DuOzQRTo6lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuOzQRTo6lc[/video]

but i have to add, i have nice PRC friends, unlike those in the video. its a wide spectrum really.

You didn't do a male wolf call at the 2 females in another room? :bsmilie:

i busy trying to sleep la. old liao. got rheumatism. if sleep late will very pain

Most china ppl from city are not so polite. They thought they are high class ppl when they in other ppl country. Those from rural still better off, I know 1 of them. Just now saw a group of china ppl, got the feeling want to beat them up, dont know why, just got those feeling. So, any donation to china, we dont have to do it. Let them suffers their own since they so GREAT! :thumbsd::angry::sticktong

before everyone post s.hi.it, post nonsense, post crap, criticize , check out the origin video first..

[video=youtube;wEComrx76uY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wEComrx76uY#![/video]

The video shows a cultural divide between PRC mainlanders and Hong Kongers.
The adult man made a super big fuss over a very small thing.
A child eating on the MTR only needs to be persuaded nicely that in HK, eating on the MTR is not allowed.
There is no need for the Hong Kong man to continue shouting at a small child in front of everyone else.
His behaviour shows that he lacks class. It is also very bullying.

The PRC little girl was eating because she was hungry?
In China this may be normal on their trains.
The mother and child who could be from an impoverished China village, are just doing something they have been used to, all their lives.

I think (some) Hong Kongers still harbour feelings of superiority over PRC mainlanders, particularly those from the poorer classes (a carry over from the 1960s Cultural Revolution days when PRC mainlanders were suffering extreme poverty).

With the rise of China and reunification after 1997, the Hong Kongers now fear, dread and hate the PRC mainlanders who in future will be come richer and compete with Hong Kongers for a living.

So I guess the Hong Kong man used the excuse of the little PRC girl eating on the MTR to vent his frustration, fear and hate in public. He totally FREAKED OUT over an insignificant incident.

Last edited:
The video shows a cultural divide between PRC mainlanders and Hong Kongers.
The adult man made a super big fuss over a very small thing.
A child eating on the MTR only needs to be persuaded nicely that in HK, eating on the MTR is not allowed.
There is no need for the Hong Kong man to continue shouting at a small child in front of everyone else.
His behaviour shows that he lacks class. It is also very bullying.

when the daughter admits herself that her mum is wrong, and her mum is asking daughter to shh, it says a lot.

chances are, guy probably asked the mother to stop eating noodles (its not biscuits or candy leh. its NOODLES), and that it has dirtied the whole place. that's why the big fuss.

they are tourists leh. if really impoverished, will be farming the land already, where got money go hongkong makan on the train?

doubt they would take the move get Taiwan back by force - taiwan is no walk over.

DM101 said:
doubt they would take the move get Taiwan back by force - taiwan is no walk over.

Singapore probably gets taken over first. I already feel like living in China when walking along the streets here. There are so many speaking chinese slang.