Group Photos in a relatively large hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2002
Visit site
Any tips and tricks to share given the above scenario?

Assume that the group is between 30-50 people.
Venue is in a large school hall or church sanctuary.

Will normal speedlight/flash be sufficient?

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
1)put the darker people in the front

2)flash may not be enough, move your ppl outdoor better than get multiple flashes or get studio stobe lights

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi, i took big groups of ppl b4.. for my church camp.. some tips is

-Try to get as much light as possible, like opening the curtains and switchig on all the ligths.
-Try to get some reflectors and place them on areas where are darkers.. they can be whiteboards or reflective materials
-Try to use a fine grain film, cos i believe u wil need to enlarge it to 8R. Or use fujifilm NPH films.. not bad...

metering wise, u need to control ur DOF... depends on how big is ur group. and if can use a wide lens like 19mm or 15mm....... :) :)

nickpower said:
hi, i took big groups of ppl b4.. for my church camp.. some tips is

-Try to get as much light as possible, like opening the curtains and switchig on all the ligths.
-Try to get some reflectors and place them on areas where are darkers.. they can be whiteboards or reflective materials
-Try to use a fine grain film, cos i believe u wil need to enlarge it to 8R. Or use fujifilm NPH films.. not bad...

metering wise, u need to control ur DOF... depends on how big is ur group. and if can use a wide lens like 19mm or 15mm....... :) :)

Normally what is the F stop u use for large grp of pple? Is F5.6 or F8 enuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom