GroBartig Lens for shooting Macro

hpsquare

Nov 29, 2006
Dear All,

Newbie needed help. I love taking nature shots such as flowers, leaves and I realise that my kits lens is not good enough.

Colleague recommended me to buy GroBartig lens for macro shots, considering it a cheaper option, any comments ? Also, can I check if there are anything I should look out for?

Planning to buy one really soon as I am going for a field trip for some shots.

Thank you.

What brand are you using? Check out the tamron 90mm 2.8 macro lens. Cheap and good

I am using a Canon 60D. How much does this lens cost?

I am not sure what i need but I know what I want to shoot. Is this lens good for small Floral ( 10 cents coin size).

Thank you so much.

I am not sure what i need but I know what I want to shoot. Is this lens good for small Floral ( 10 cents coin size).

Thank you so much.
Yes, able to shoot but also see hw you set up your camera.

Dear All,

Newbie needed help. I love taking nature shots such as flowers, leaves and I realise that my kits lens is not good enough.

Colleague recommended me to buy GroBartig lens for macro shots, considering it a cheaper option, any comments ? Also, can I check if there are anything I should look out for?

Planning to buy one really soon as I am going for a field trip for some shots.

Thank you.

Avoid all these screw on macro lens convertors. Most of them are quite terrible in IQ.

The best is to go for dedicated macro lenses.

Or go for the good add-ons like Raynox, or branded diopters (like Canon, Hoya, etc).

Or just use cheap extension tubes.

Look out for this sticky thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newb...ng-wide-angle-tele-converter-your-camera.html
Secondly, the name is a lousy copy of a German word without understanding German alphabet. Nobody knows this stuffs in Germany. Would you buy a car with the brand Cerdemes Nebz?

Hi i am a newbie in macro. Started out using raynox dcr 250 close up filters. Produce decent images and let u have a feel of macro shooting. U can consider getting that. The price ranges from sgd120-129. U can call up the shops for prices. Ms colour carries the stock. But no cathay photo. Enjoy shooting :)

One pretty cheap way to shoot macro is to get yourself a 50mm f1.8 (S$1XX) + a reverse adapter (or whatever that it call) and reverse mount your lens to your camera.

Another cheap way is to add on a extender to your camera, the extender ranged from S$2X (don't have AF confirmation or any form of circuit though) onward.

Hi this lens cost are SGD530 for canon mount. I just bought it from Cathay Photo 2 weeks before. Hope the price dun change much. You can call and enquire.

Thank you so much.

One pretty cheap way to shoot macro is to get yourself a 50mm f1.8 (S$1XX) + a reverse adapter (or whatever that it call) and reverse mount your lens to your camera.

Bro, this method although cheap, is one of the most tedious and confounding method to get macro. If macro newbies were to try this, they might be put off completely.
The extension tube method is much easier and achieveable.

Thank you guys :) Planned to get my hand on the Tamron lens to try before purchasing them.... I hope it will not become white elephant....

Bro, this method although cheap, is one of the most tedious and confounding method to get macro. If macro newbies were to try this, they might be put off completely.
The extension tube method is much easier and achieveable.

Should look at the work of this Cser longko on Reverse Lens Photography:

Reverse 28mm with K10D (Flower)

Reverse 28mm with K20D (Insects)

K20D, Reverse 28mm & Insects

Last edited: