GroBartiG 0.45x + macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobee

Sep 28, 2004
EAST
i bought a GroBartiG 0.45x + macro lens (52mm) for my minolta z1 from a camera shop at peninsular on impulse ... can anyone tell me more about the lens ? thank alot

how much did u pay for it? i was quoted abt $80-90 (can't remember the exact price) for the same wide-angle converter @ Funan... but din buy in the end (got suspicious of the brand name somehow). saw pple auctioning it at yahoo for around $40-60 (can't recall the price too). ;p

CP selling about $50+....

anyway....i doubt the quality is really that bad.... was quote by someone...."do u really need the best WA lens for ur P&S cam?" quality vs price.....

Hi,

Can anyone share their experience with the Grobartig 2.5X teleconverter? Are the pictures sharp at full zoom. I'm thinking on testing it on my Canon S1.
How about 2X Vivicon brand? It says lens is Japanese. Can any expert advise?

Thanks! :dunno:

limkopi said:
how much did u pay for it? i was quoted abt $80-90 (can't remember the exact price) for the same wide-angle converter @ Funan... but din buy in the end (got suspicious of the brand name somehow). saw pple auctioning it at yahoo for around $40-60 (can't recall the price too). ;p

wah i kana con i think ... i paid $140 for the lens + a 52 mm adaptor for my minolta z1 +ring adaptor

wha kao..i also kana con-ned.. i paid 100 for it's 0.45x macro and super wide angle.. argh... and guess wat. he quoted me with TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE BUCKS FOR IT. thank god, i only had 100 with me then. wha kao.. beware of this store pple.. its called: worldwide camera @ peninsular plaza... argh...:angry:

lesson learn lor.. next time be patient when getting this stuffs, it ain't cheap. and its good to ask around, especially in this forum cos there's alot of helpful forummers here can guide us.. i'm a beginner too..

wha kao..i also kana con-ned.. i paid 100 for it's 0.45x macro and super wide angle.. argh... and guess wat. he quoted me with TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE BUCKS FOR IT. thank god, i only had 100 with me then. wha kao.. beware of this store pple.. its called: worldwide camera @ peninsular plaza... argh...:angry:

Haha guess wat? I also kena conned like you. i tot my d40x was a great bargain. but i didnt realise he recovered his loss by selling me his wide angle adaptor and uv filter at almost $200++. so yeah, lesson learnt. dont buy on impulse. google more.

if only i had discovered of this forum earlier...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Haha guess wat? I also kena conned like you. i tot my d40x was a great bargain. but i didnt realise he recovered his loss by selling me his wide angle adaptor and uv filter at almost $200++. so yeah, lesson learnt. dont buy on impulse. google more.

if only i had discovered of this forum earlier...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

aww...
that shop SUCKS(ppl's money) REALLY HARD!

This is one shop YOU SHOULD NOT GO AND TELL ALL YOUR CONTACTS NOT TO TOO!!!

shop : Worldwide Camera ASsholes at level one penin. plaza

Same here... got conned for it too... at the same shop with the same stupid lens...

OMG, same here i paid $120 for the stupid lens at the stupid place. super blur at the corners. :confused: thats y sold it off.

I bought a grobartig 0.45 converter with my FZ50 while on holiday in sg. The dealer at Sim Lim sneaked it in "under the radar"...I should've taken a closer look.

For stills photography, this converter is just bottle-glass. Complete rubbish. It distorts heavily, but not enough to function as a fisheye lens. The corner sharpness is nonexistent.

I gave it away to a guy who needed a wide converter for his video camera - for casual use, nothing critical.

Next time I shop for photographic equipment it won't be in Singapore (nice place, but...)

I paid $280 for this lens sold to me by this fellow J from Worldwide Camera at Peninsula. He said the quality not like those in Sim Lim, with plastic lens blah blah blah. I bought it out of a sense of trust, and used it for some shots, and turns out the shots were badly distorted on the side, and not really sharp overall. My camera is a Nikon D80, so adding this in front makes the shots look like ****. Rather pay for a good Sigma 10-20mm.

Last edited:
Trust salesmen? Never! Found that out the hard way when I got conned as a kid by the likes of DBS (reputable bank lol), Sim Lim stores etc. Salesmen are your enemy, who are out to get your money. Be cynical and suspicious of every question they ask and delay payment till the last possible moment.

Buyer BEWARE!

I'd use this a a rule of thumb

"Never buy accessories when you buy the camera unless you have done through research and know the prices"

the WA/telephoto adapter trick is one of the oldest in the book when it comes to cameras and newbies.

You should be suspicious about this piece. Actually, the word is "Großartig", a German word meaning "great" or "superb". Mind the difference between a captital b and the letter ß (a typical letter for German alphabet). But searching for that thing on German web pages doesn't bring anything. Wonder why? ;) Looks like a Chinese product which tries to create the impression of "Made in Germany" (see this link). Lousy translation and spelling. The quality of such adapters has been discussed here already without much positive results. All the rest about local shops and sales men has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.