Grey Sets MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerpalz

Dec 18, 2003
TheDaysMovie.com
Would anyone be interest in getting Grey Sets..... maybe i can do a MO... hoping to get a cheaper price of the things u want.... dun PM me.... i wanna keep everything transparent and fair to all members...min order is 5pcs/model
no compromise.... just wanna see everyone's respone.. :D

lets have a list who is genuine interested in the deal....
People who have responed...

1. Kerpalz
2. Tracker

lets have a list who is genuine interested in the deal....
People who have responed...*updated

1. Kerpalz - Canon Lenses
2. Tracker
3. Nightwolf75 - light Meter

i think the answer is: yes, people are interested. however, the level of interest will depend on actual final price.
that will determine if it's worth the risk and effort.

might be easier to approach this from the angle of identifying a specific product and then calculating the price, and then see who's interested.

just my thoughts.

i'm interested, if can save abt 20% off the local price, and for mid priced lens (i.e. abt $700-$800)

wat about maintainence? will they be rejected?

i still dun understand why they are called grey sets

defects ones or?

OT a bit, sorry to the thread starter.

u know black market? which is like the market for the stolen stuff to sell to the public. Grey, is between the black and the white, it is bought overseas and the warranty not coverred by the local agent cos it wasnt brought in by them, thats y they dun offer u the warranty.

However, i am still confuse with the term - International Warranty :dunno: .

well can i assume that higher end model lifespan cant be prolonged?
ccd do they clean for u?

sumball said:
OT a bit, sorry to the thread starter.

u know black market? which is like the market for the stolen stuff to sell to the public. Grey, is between the black and the white, it is bought overseas and the warranty not coverred by the local agent cos it wasnt brought in by them, thats y they dun offer u the warranty.

However, i am still confuse with the term - International Warranty :dunno: .

but if we sent in for service , they still service for us , right...
will the cost different from those White stuff...

therat said:
but if we sent in for service , they still service for us , right...
will the cost different from those White stuff...
they'll still service it, and just charge you accordingly, as if warranty has expired.

that's the diff with black market sets, if they're stolen goods, then they may not even service the sets....

buying grey from shops like TCW are different, they offer in-shop warranty.

that's why gotta get at least 20% to be viable. otherwise better to buy grey locally.

i can help you to bring items from B&H, just browse any products and give me the detail, just add 4% from the items price (you save shipping and 5%GST)

andi1704 said:
i can help you to bring items from B&H, just browse any products and give me the detail, just add 4% from the items price (you save shipping and 5%GST)

what is it URL?

andi1704 said:

are u bringing stuff in straight from US?

i wonder if can buy those 'grey' sets of stolen D70 around here anot...

i'd like to get those cool lights thou... flicker free white lights for product photography... den does not produce heat, therefore, good for photographing food as well...

btw, just thinking... is this thread for ppl asking for grey sets, as in if they have they sell, or you can get grey sets in MO? den how u define grey MO? sorry me abit blur...

nightwolf75 said:
are u bringing stuff in straight from US?

yes it is, last order must be placed on 10 aug before i came back and need 50% of deposit of total price + 4%

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i wonder if can buy those 'grey' sets of stolen D70 around here anot...

i'd like to get those cool lights thou... flicker free white lights for product photography... den does not produce heat, therefore, good for photographing food as well...

btw, just thinking... is this thread for ppl asking for grey sets, as in if they have they sell, or you can get grey sets in MO? den how u define grey MO? sorry me abit blur...

sorry, i would not do for stolen equipt, all the items will be proven by reciept and serial number from manufacter.

Gray Set mean the items is not carrier by authorized dealer, so the price will be cheaper, but ofcourse not covered by dealer warranty.

andi u know of any cool lites? mayb i just need the bulb or head without stand, cos i already have the light stands. need about 2 or 3.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
andi u know of any cool lites? mayb i just need the bulb or head without stand, cos i already have the light stands. need about 2 or 3.

browse the url that i give you, and paste the URL to me, i can't search for you, cos u know the item better than me.

after you find send the url to andi@ubans.com with your contact nmumber

Status
Not open for further replies.