Grey set or Original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintin

Nov 1, 2004
Hi all please help to advise,is it good to buy grey set which warrenty is covered by shop or buy original warrenty covered by nikon singapore? planning to buy speedlight, have check the price, the difference between both is ard 60+... so which would you all advise? thx alot....

Quintin said:
Hi all please help to advise,is it good to buy grey set which warrenty is covered by shop or buy original warrenty covered by nikon singapore? planning to buy speedlight, have check the price, the difference between both is ard 60+... so which would you all advise? thx alot....

60+ only I go for origional.

600+ I might consilder for grey but why? :dunno: :think:

Better black and white on the sales receipt. :thumbsup:

longkangman said:
60+ only I go for origional.

600+ I might consilder for grey but why? :dunno: :think:

Better black and white on the sales receipt. :thumbsup:
Same sentiments with LKM, $60 savings is not savings.

espn said:
Same sentiments with LKM, $60 savings is not savings.

yup.... go for the one with the full warranty in this case.

Shop might close down. Distributor unlikely to close down. :bsmilie:

Unless the difference in prices can cover a 1st repair. Otherwise... maybe not worth it.

You might want to consider grey set if you like me. Never use waranty card (touch wood... touch wood) :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Quintin said:

I have a good feeling that if you buy from the right person, you can get a local set w/warranty and save the $60 at the same time. Perhaps even more.

If you shop around, grey sets sold by shops (I assuming you're comparing to a shop) aren't really that cheap. Grey sets brought in by people, different issue.

Else as longkangman suggested, go 2nd hand. Some still have warranties.

I can't give you exact names cos I don't watch nikon prices, but the trend is the same for popular brands.

Thx guys for ur inputs.... tink i will go for the original... spend for extra $$ so there will b no problem later oon... :) Really appreciate the help... Thx again.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.