Grey Lens Check

What risk are you exactly talking about? A 'no box lens' could be a part of a camera kit, where both parts are sold separately.
Grey lens just means that the lens was not imported from an official distributor.
Fact: The lens was made in the same factory as the officially imported ones, it has the same components, it has passed the same quality controls.
The rest is just biased perception...

What risk are you exactly talking about? A 'no box lens' could be a part of a camera kit, where both parts are sold separately.
Grey lens just means that the lens was not imported from an official distributor.
Fact: The lens was made in the same factory as the officially imported ones, it has the same components, it has passed the same quality controls.
The rest is just biased perception...

Thanks for the clarification! Because I was Googling and they say sometimes grey market items may be questionable to include counterfeits (like lower quality OSS and stuff) so I'm not sure what's the true definition and I am quite confused by the term in general, since I also bought something which I didn't think twice but because it was cheap.