Grey Heron outing 17th Oct 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice meeting all the bros. for this trip, though the weather wasn't on our side, I'm sure it was a great experience for us all. Have seen some really nice shots too in the Grey Herons thread in WoN. Kudos to Harlequin for organizing this shootout, hopefully we can have another one soon when the tide conditions are right, and maybe better weather too. :)

P.S do post your shots, mine is coming soon...

Hi,

Nice meeting you guys yesterday! Kudos to Harlequin for organising the outing. It may have been a rainy day, but our spirits are certainly not dampened.

ps do u think we r abit to closed to the bird? :dunno:

A thing to learn is to respect the comfort zone of the subjects/birds. Different birds have different comfort zones. In the open, if birds are uncomfortable with the presence of the photographers, they will fly away.

The way I see it, the birds are comfortable with you guys, which is why after awhile, they started moving closer. Even so, they are mindful of the surroundings at all time.

However, to really capture theses great birds in action (in my opinion), super-tele lenses are preferable. Super-tele lenses allow the photographers to be at some distance away from the birds while maintaining the same amount of magnification required. Remember what happen when most of us are a few steps backward at the end of the session? The birds let down their guards even more and started partying!

I personally hope this trip is more than just a photography trip. The essence is about appreciating nature and feel proud that it is within Singapore. As the saying goes, treat nature with respect and we shall be rewarded in kind. ;)

nemotohp said:
ps do u think we r abit to closed to the bird? :dunno:

Hahaha! I don't think so.... think they kinda taunted us after we kept out gear... :)

Sk! Thanks for the coffee too :)
Looking forward to more bird shoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.