gretagmacbeth ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

marklim

Jan 4, 2006
Bukit Timah
Hi guys,

I've recently saw a display calibrator in a magazine.

Its called the gretagmacbeth Display Calibrator. I tried researching it on the net but it does not appear that the product is popular. Seems like not much information about the product. :dunno:

Does it make prints appear the same as what i am seeing on screen ? Or does it only make my monitor's colour accurate ?

Btw, whats the proper name for the product as i've realised that gretagmacbeth is a brand. Not the model of it.

This is the picture that i found.

38_1_b.JPG

Many Thanks,
Mark

Have seen it in action before, it's a budget calibration tool. Works similar like the EyeOne Display but of course lesser sensors on the colorimeter. know of 2 people who've bought it and have seen the Mac being calibrated also.

but after i get this and calibrate my monitor, does it mean that my printer's color will match what i see on screen ? or do i have to do something called profile or so ?

marklim said:
but after i get this and calibrate my monitor, does it mean that my printer's color will match what i see on screen ? or do i have to do something called profile or so ?
Your printer will need a seperate profile. Monitor only ensures what you see is correct, it doesn't mean that your printer will print correctly.

actually im not too sure on what is a printer profile.
any ideas on where i can get my printer profiles? as i am using a canon iP5000, does printer profiles mean all those glossy paper, photopaper pro options i am seeing in my printer dialogue? or does it mean a completely different thing ?

I send my prints for printing @ Labs, and currently my Epson R210 is able to reproduce exactly what I see on screen :lovegrin:

Printer profile you need to use hardware also to profile the output, there's different profiles for different paper used.

then what kind of hardware should i be seekin for ?

i need a cheap, monitor calibration & printer profilling hardware ?? :(

EyeOne Photo or EyeOne Profiler :D

So if you callibrate, what you see is correct.
But what I see in photoshop and windows picture viewer is different, this is because photoshop is colourmanaged while windows picture viewer is not? Therefore what I see in photoshop is the 'correct' one? Unless I convert the colours to the same space.
I've read many pages about this, and searched the forum, but still a little confused :)
What people will see in internet explorer, will be different from what I see in photoshop, since IE is not colour managed right? so when I save my photographs, I should convert to sRGB first?

IE uses the colour profile defined by Colour Management.

marklim said:
then what kind of hardware should i be seekin for ?

i need a cheap, monitor calibration & printer profilling hardware ?? :(

actually you can try eyeone design.... or check the consumer thread... the is a special price for Monaco Pulse... thats a great product also.... I am currently using X rite products

idor said:
actually you can try eyeone design.... or check the consumer thread... the is a special price for Monaco Pulse... thats a great product also.... I am currently using X rite products
Wah then I also should follow NG PRO liao :thumbsup:

marklim said:
2.6K??
Think i better live off my printer being not calibrated.. :(

are u expecting to do it on the cheap? :sweat:

wat do u want to print? for personal pleasure, fine art, competition ... etc? if u are going to print for personal pleasure, suggest u send them to a good lab. fotohub in bukit timah is a good place.

at minimum which most of us do, is to calibrate ur monitor. the gretagmacbeth calibrator u mentioned in the beginning is a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.