Gretagmacbeth monitor Display Calibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

In short, it's not a good value for $.

SianZronG said:
OiC.... i got a friend to lend me his, bad....

i didn't like the results.

Update the driver... supposed to improve the calibration.

SianZronG said:
OiC.... i got a friend to lend me his, bad....

i didn't like the results.
Get the EyeOne Display2 or the XRite.

1st, i use it on lcd, yellow cast.
update the software.
calibrate again with still yellow cast.
than i use it on crt (after the software update), still got yellow cast.
:dunno: :(

Likewise.

But I would say it's slightly improved after the software upgrade.

Still not woth it though.

denniskee said:
1st, i use it on lcd, yellow cast.
update the software.
calibrate again with still yellow cast.
than i use it on crt (after the software update), still got yellow cast.
:dunno: :(

I suppose the real test here is print accuracy. For those who have calibrated, does your printer print-out look like what you have on screen (WYSIWYG)?

If it does, the calibrator is doing its job. If it doesn't I suppose you can throw it away. :)

I've seen lots of users complaining about the yellow cast but none have actually commented on the accuracy of the print out which is one of the main aims of monitor calibration (other than standardisation across platforms)

hi

i just got a gretag huey and tried to calibrate my mac ibook. no prob installing the s/w but i kept getting a error msg that says the huey can't get gd reading. it lists possible prob eg wrong monitor type (either LCD or CRT), hardware not plugged in etc.

i tried it on 2 macs but still got the same error msg. then i tried on windows and it worked. tried updating the s/w too but prob still persists.

anyone encountered this prob b4? or any advice? i bought the huey bec it can calibrate both my mac and windows machines....sigh.

ps: i also have a colorplus but it is only for windows. tried installing another s/w and also emailed the support but was informed colorplus only supports windows. that's why i got the huey.

thxs in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.