GretagMacbeth launches Eye-One Display 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Btw, can we 'upgrade' locally also? The voucher is USD$200 off or ??

espn said:
Btw, can we 'upgrade' locally also? The voucher is USD$200 off or ??
Dont know. Got to check with Cathay Photo as they are the local distributors.

Good thing is that the Eye-One Match 3 software is compatible with the current Eye-One Display hardware.

That's the good point on the i1 Match s/w, one for all products. The problem is the 'upgrade' option now, if it's $200 USD less and the new set is $269 USD, it's worth a consider. :think:

which is cheaper? the monitor spyder from colorr vision or this?

CP is retailing Eye-One Display at SGD$600. Recently there was a drop in price for a few sets (read: Limited) at SGD$470. Eye-One PM is going at $3K+ for CP. Eye One Display if ordered overseas is about USD$229. Eye One Display-2 is USD$269.

ColorVision ColorPlus is going for $219 at CP, Spyder is going for $350 and Spyder Pro at $650, and Spyder Pro $755 with PrintFix. So depends on which one you're comparing at.

you have to buy a eye1 display then can upgrade tp eye1 photo or other packages!

pay 249usd (for eye1 display),
then get 200usd voucher,
then buy e.g. eye1 photo package for 1295usd (1495-200voucher)
so total cost is 1295usd+249usd= 1544usd
you will then get a set of eye1 display and one set of eye1 photo package.

i may get a set of eye1 display shipped to a friend in the states. then bring back to me on 21/10/04. anyone interested in the eye1 photo package? i will only ask for kopi lui=s$200:) if interesteed, pm me

sorry limited to one set

damien

Darren said:
Dont know. Got to check with Cathay Photo as they are the local distributors.

Beside Cathay there are one more distributors in Singapore.

1Ds said:
Beside Cathay there are one more distributors in Singapore.

Just enquired about the Eye-One Photo for a friend, and I casually enquired about the new Eye One Display 2 today.

However, CP has mentioned that they will not have stocks for the Display 2 until end of next quarter(!) 2005.

Price and availability unconfirmed as well.

1Ds, you know of any other distro besides CP?

espn said:
**snipped*** ...and Spyder Pro at $650, and Spyder Pro $755 with PrintFix. So depends on which one you're comparing at.

I got a Spyder PRO last week from CP at $425... Package comes with OptiCAL and PhotoCAL.

if i want to print digital photos with similar output as the monitor, which should i buy? OptiCAL or PhotoCAL

silver.wolf said:
Ohhh... how come so cheap? are they having a promo?

According to CP, the price of Spyder PRO dropped from $525 to $425 becos Eye-One Display went down to $470.

ahbeng said:
if i want to print digital photos with similar output as the monitor, which should i buy? OptiCAL or PhotoCAL

OptiCAL is the better software for professional users (and that's not me :).. If you just want to cal your display then PhotoCAL shud do the trick. I had actually intend to buy the basic Spyder but becos of the lowering of price on the PRO so i switched. The PRO and OptiCAL can be used to cal printers when you add the Print-FIX.

As for matching screen colour to printed image, i am quite happy just using the PhotoCAL/OptiCAL... like i say, i am no professional user so it good enuff for me. It beats using Mark I Eyeball anytime man!

Those of you who have the Eye-One Display v1 hardware, run, don't walk, to download the Eye-One Match 3.0 software - major improvement in calibration results can be obtained.

Now I know why my notebook LCD didn't quite look calibrated - with the new s/w it now is 99.5% similiar in color to my desktop PC (also on LCD).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yes, very significant upgrade especially for Wintel laptop.... not on Mac, it's not much diff. from ver 2.0.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.