gretagmacbeth color checker

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one has this thingy?:dunno:

i dl that.it was EXTREMELY brief.

:cry:
Errr... not brief leh... quite detail explanation of each type of card.

It is used for white balancing. Use it either in the scene you are photographing or during post processing.

For WB, refer to the custom WB instruction for your D200.

For post processing, take a photo of the scene with the card in the frame. Use the color of the card as the color reference for adjusting the color cast. There is a explanation of how to do it in the tutorial you downloaded. (It's under the ColorChecker & Mini ColorChecker Section.)

You need personal tutorial? :p

BC:dunno:

bc, appreciate your explanation.

i think you misunderstood.
the card i was asking for is the greyscale 3 panel with white grey and black.

i do not have the multi colorchecker chart, nor the mini one.

bc, appreciate your explanation.

i think you misunderstood.
the card i was asking for is the greyscale 3 panel with white grey and black.

i do not have the multi colorchecker chart, nor the mini one.

There is a explanation in the colorchecker chart tutorial about the white, grey and black patches of the color charts. They are the same as your greyscale chart.

You can also use the white and grey patches for WB.

BC;)

There is a explanation in the colorchecker chart tutorial about the white, grey and black patches of the color charts. They are the same as your greyscale chart.

You can also use the white and grey patches for WB.

BC;)

but dunno how wor.:dunno: :embrass:

Aiyoh... I tot the tutorial was quite clear...

Take a photo of the scene with the grayscale card in it to capture the colour rendering of the lighting. This will be your reference photo for the rest of the photos that you are going to take. Now you have a standard reference in the photo.

In photoshop, use the eye dropper to sample the white, gray and black swatches of the grayscale card in your reference photo. According the the tutorial, the RGB values of the black swatch should be with 7 units from each other and around 50. For the white swatch, the values should be around 245. For the gray swatch, the values should be around 128 and RGB values should not varied from one another by >7 units. If the values are off, use the levels and curves to adjust the RGB values to the proper values. Apply the same levels and curves to the rest of the photos.

As for custom WB in your camera, refer to your D200 manual for instructions.

BC ;)

but dunno how wor.:dunno: :embrass:
Ask your subject to hold the card and meter with the card at the 18% grey area, it will give you the correct metering.
Ask your subject to hold the card and take a picture, you can evaluate the colour distrubution with software on the card area.
Take a picture of the card and use it for white balance.
Take a picture of the card and colour it in software and make it into a Netherlands flag?

You can think of other creative ways to use the card.

It is just a calibrated white/grey/black and if I were the manufacturer, I won't be able to think of anything to put in the manual at all. Either you need it (if colour consistency and exposure accuracy is what you're striving for, then you would probably also already know how to use it) or you don't. Period.

Aiyoh... I tot the tutorial was quite clear...

Take a photo of the scene with the grayscale card in it to capture the colour rendering of the lighting. This will be your reference photo for the rest of the photos that you are going to take. Now you have a standard reference in the photo.

In photoshop, use the eye dropper to sample the white, gray and black swatches of the grayscale card in your reference photo. According the the tutorial, the RGB values of the black swatch should be with 7 units from each other and around 50. For the white swatch, the values should be around 245. For the gray swatch, the values should be around 128 and RGB values should not varied from one another by >7 units. If the values are off, use the levels and curves to adjust the RGB values to the proper values. Apply the same levels and curves to the rest of the photos.

As for custom WB in your camera, refer to your D200 manual for instructions.

BC ;)

tutorial got say until so 'detail' meh?i must have dl the wrong one?:dunno:
let me go check again.

so, am i right to say, with the card thingy, i do not have to worry about WB?

that's why i dislike receiving gifts which forces me to fully utilise it.

i like to shoot, but hate to do too much pp.

heard this card aint cheap.:dunno:

let me go check again.

You still have to worry about the WB yourself. The card is just a standard that says "I'm white, grey and black and I'm 100% uncoloured! Use me as a subject and you'll know if your lighting is coloured (because I'm certified bonafide neutral) and if your exposure is right because I'm black, I'm white and I'm somewhere in between."

Let's just call it a more reliable subject than some pringle can cap.

that's why i dislike receiving gifts which forces me to fully utilise it.

i like to shoot, but hate to do too much pp.

heard this card aint cheap.:dunno:
Yes it ain't cheap but you'll know when you need to use it. Fortunately or unfortunately, most of the time you don't. ;)

let me go check again.

You do your custom WB off the white or gray portion of the card while exposing the card to the lighting that is going to illuminate your subject.

BC

You still have to worry about the WB yourself. The card is just a standard that says "I'm white, grey and black and I'm 100% uncoloured! Use me as a subject and you'll know if your lighting is coloured (because I'm certified bonafide neutral) and if your exposure is right because I'm black, I'm white and I'm somewhere in between."

Let's just call it a more reliable subject than some pringle can cap.

expodisc?:bsmilie:

dont talk in riddles lah.it's so aint you!;)

so i should take a shot of it just before i shoot the series.right?
but for every diff angle, diff lighting( in sun and in shade), i'll have to reshoot it again right?

man....this is kind of troublesome.but if i can get the colors SPOT ON, and post the pics in portraiture.i will smack the first person to say my skin tone is off, or color casted.:bsmilie:

so i must master this cardie thingy.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.