Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan504

May 29, 2008
Hi everybody,

Greetings from a proud owner of Canon EOS 500D :angel:. I bought it yesterday. I am having some problem with live-view. Can I use live-view to shoot at fully auto mode? Or it is only supported in advanced mode? :(

I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Cheers!

Ryan

Hi,

Auto mode I mean. The one between Portrait and "CA". Thanks

Hello...welcome.

Can't help you since I'm not a Canon 500D user. Perhaps you would like to check the manual. I believe it should be stated there.

Hello, Ryan504. A nice and warm welcome to you.
Yes, you can set your 500D to 'A' mode, turn on live view, and shoot as normal. Don't forget to Autofocus first by pressing on the AF-on button on the back panel upper right hand corner, third button from the right side.

@ linwhow : Ok. I will try that when I get back home. But I think I was not able to.
@ Galdor : I have checked the manual and I believe I did not find that function in there. But I will go through the manual again.

Thanks!

@ linwhow : Ok. I will try that when I get back home. But I think I was not able to.
@ Galdor : I have checked the manual and I believe I did not find that function in there. But I will go through the manual again.

Thanks!
not possible for my 450D. only P Tv Av M can

Welcome to CS...:cool:

Sorry can help u, I'm Nikon user.:dunno:

Hello, Ryan504. A nice and warm welcome to you.
Yes, you can set your 500D to 'A' mode, turn on live view, and shoot as normal. Don't forget to Autofocus first by pressing on the AF-on button on the back panel upper right hand corner, third button from the right side.

the AF * button

6de1025fe3.jpg

Last edited:
welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.