Greetings... n a little advice for tis newbie! - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

mMoHiCaNn

Feb 22, 2008
Greetins to all.. m very new to photography.. m considerin a few options as my first camera.. hopin for some advices.. ths.. my biggest problem is tat i hav sweaty palms.. wonder if it'll affect the condition of the camera.. m considerin to get the canon 400dkit I n II or D60. n oya.. izzit true tat when the 'comax' fair releases some new models of cameras like the Nikon D60 n the sony ones the 400d will become obsolete? will the price den drop? is it advisable to wait?? thx alot..

Cheers.. -.-

Welcome bro.

First of all, which system are you interested in? How can the launch of cameras from other brands obsolete the 400D? The 400D can only be obsolete when the replacement model (maybe 450D) comes out.

Each brand has their pros & cons so do look around and test them to see which suits you best. Generally, during the fairs they would give more freebies, but I would prefer to avoid the crowd at the fairs and maybe pay a bit more and get to shoot earlier.

For your sweaty palm problem, I have that too and my camera which is 2 years old now is still working perfectly.

Hello and welcome to Clubsnap! Please enjoy your stay here and post often!

The 400D is a very good beginner camera with a fair balance between features, price and build. Disadvantages would of course be the small size (perfect for shooters with small hands eg kids, sec sch students). If you have a big hand, there is the extra BG-E3 battery grip for more ergonomic comfort, and the ability to slot in another battery.

The 400D will not become obsolete so fast. Up till now, there are people using the 300D, and there are 'new' 350D DSLRs in some shops (like harvey norman @ Plaza Sing). The 450D will be coming out soon, so lets say you get on the canon pathway; you'll have a few options to take:

1) Get the new 450D when it arrives later in the year (May? June?)
2) Get the 400D after the 450D is released. This will let you have a new 400D at bargain prices.
3) Get the 400D now.
4) Get the 350D now.

What do you mean by kit 1 and 2 though? You mean like, the 400D body with 18-55 (kit1) and 17-85(kit 2) lenses? That isn't a very good consumer option. I'd rather you get the 400D kit 1 or 2, and get yourself a value-for-money 50mm f/1.8II prime lens for S$110 (new). It's a lens that a lot of us own and highly recommended by everyone. It's a non-zoom lens (prime), meaning that you'll have to move to get the shot you want. Advantages would be a wide aperture (meaning that it's easier to capture fast action shots) and good sharpness.

IMO, sweaty palms wouldn't degrade the quality of your camera. Unless of course, you sweat acid, then that's another problem >.>

Hope this helps =) If you have any queries about the 400D, please check out the Canon sub-forum or contact me through PM or MSN!

Greetins to all.. m very new to photography.. m considerin a few options as my first camera.. hopin for some advices.. ths.. my biggest problem is tat i hav sweaty palms.. wonder if it'll affect the condition of the camera.. m considerin to get the canon 400dkit I n II or D60. n oya.. izzit true tat when the 'comax' fair releases some new models of cameras like the Nikon D60 n the sony ones the 400d will become obsolete? will the price den drop? is it advisable to wait?? thx alot..

Cheers.. -.-

Camera don't get obsolete...

Its either the user gets tired of it, and want to change camera, or its damage beyond repair...

I have sweaty palms too, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with camera maintenance or taking photos. The only embarrassing part is when I have to pick up a lens or camera in a shop or fair and try it out, or other similar situations when I have to handle equipment that is not my own. What I usually do is have in my camera bag a thin towel... and I also give my camera and lenses and all associated equipment a good loving wipe after a day out. I also stock up on those wet towel packets they give out at restaurants... :D

My advice:

Go to the library and read as much as possible about photography. Try to understand all theoritical aspect of it, then buy a camera which suit your need.

thx to all for the advices.. cheers to u guys.. anyways.. got quite a good deal for the 400d kit II. so most prob will go for it.. hopin for more advices to come in.. thx alot..

Status
Not open for further replies.