Greetings Everyone :)

TJX Bluk

Dec 27, 2010
Hello there,
Nice to meet you guys, I'm new to this forum.
I'm 15 this year,I know it's a little young but I've developed a interest on photography,
that is what leads me to joining this forum :)
I hope you guys , seniors out there, would teach me more on photography .

Erm, I've a few questions ever since I joined the forum.
firstly, can i ask about the price range of DSLR?
Cause I've been wanting to have a DSLR but I'm just a student
and my family ain't that wealthy, so I've to save up by myself
in order to get one.
Second, are you able to take a better picture
using digital camera to DSLR ? I've been
having a headache trying to cope with my blurish
digital camera.

:)

welcome to cs, its never too young brudda ( ̄∇ ̄ )

if budget is concered, ya might wanna take a look at the marketing section and get a 2nd hand dslr instead - they work just as fine and even an entry level can be a monster のヮの

Welcome to CS... No age limits (too old or too young) to Photography... glad that you started young... looking forward to your sharings... :D

It's not about age. Due to affordability of DSLRs now, a lot of teenagers are picking up this hobby. So do not be concerned whether you're young or old.
As Kiwira mentioned, it's not about the age!

As mentioned, if budget is a major concern, buy a 2nd hand dslr. If you are doing it this way, find someone who is experienced with dslr with you when meeting the seller, so that he/she can help and advise u.

Hi, welcome! Actually a nicely crafted photo can be taken with any camera. But if the DSLR attracts you and you are on a budget, consider a 2nd hand. Else, i guess you can only save up.

Keep shooting!

Welcome:)

Welcome to CS.
To start with the last question: Yes, you are able to shoot better pictures with a DSLR - but: This is not an instant thing. It also requires learning to manage the camera. Bluntly: the camera cannot read your mind, you need to 'tell' the camera what to do and you need to learn to understand the camera output. This way you can take better pictures. To a certain extend you can do this also with non-DSLR cameras, but there are limitations.
For prices and other details please have a thorough look at the entire forum. Many people have asked many questions already, many times they have been answered. I'm sure you will find your answers among them. Sometimes you need to dig a bit, but it's worth. Don't expect the forum to be an information counter, but rather a library :)
If you are on budget I'd recommend getting 2nd hand equipment. The market value of 2nd hand DSLR drops fast but the usability of the cameras is unaffected. They will still serve you well. There no need for acquiring the newest model or technology for taking pictures.

hey....
saying welcome to all....
nice to be here....... glad to meet you all

Welcome to cs!
Hope u get your first dslr soon and start snapping away :)

Hello there,
Nice to meet you guys, I'm new to this forum.
I'm 15 this year,I know it's a little young but I've developed a interest on photography,
that is what leads me to joining this forum :)
I hope you guys , seniors out there, would teach me more on photography .

Erm, I've a few questions ever since I joined the forum.
firstly, can i ask about the price range of DSLR?
Cause I've been wanting to have a DSLR but I'm just a student
and my family ain't that wealthy, so I've to save up by myself
in order to get one.
Second, are you able to take a better picture
using digital camera to DSLR ? I've been
having a headache trying to cope with my blurish
digital camera.

Welcome young man~!:)

I would say a dSLR will be capable of taking better pictures compared with a PnS if operated correctly.

Personally, I reckon that $1.5k should be able to get a decent 2nd-hand entry-level dSLR, including tripod, lens filter, bag and dry cabinet.:)

Last edited:
Hi welcome to CS. Many prices of 2nd hand cams are cheap. U can consider, but do some research first. Cheers.

actually many people misunderstood by thinking that dslr can take better pictures than digital compact cameras.

the most important thing in photography is the person behind the camera.. and maybe a little bit becoz of the equipment and luck.

Hi and welcome! Young good.

Welcome to CS! its never too young hehe

Thank you to all of you for welcoming me to this forum :)
Sorry that I didn't reply to each and everyone of you, because I do not know how to. I'm still new to forums though.

hahaha, Thanks for giving my advises for what should i do.
Honestly, Until now, I still do not know they do sell 2nd hand Dslr.
Don't mind if i ask , but, is there any guide to photography in this forums?
like teaching you how to take good photos with like marco and stuffs. :)
If I said anything wrong , please do forgive me .
:)

Honestly, Until now, I still do not know they do sell 2nd hand Dslr.
Shops usually don't (unless it's those cash converters). Here we have the Buy & Sell section.
Don't mind if i ask , but, is there any guide to photography in this forums?
like teaching you how to take good photos with like marco and stuffs. :)
It would be a bad forum if there weren't any of such guides, right? I suggest you take your time to carefully and thoroughly browse through the forum, try to comprehend the structure. Common starting points:
Newbies Corner - Do pay attention to sticky threads (yellow background)
Within the same section: Articles and Guides - a comprehensive collection of various postings, aiming to summarize common knowledge in a structured way.
Digital Darkroom - all about post processing
Clubsnap Galleries - pictures and discussions about various special topics.
Furthermore: Night Photography,
Best starting point: Forum Overview. Don't forget to scroll down :)

Shops usually don't (unless it's those cash converters). Here we have the Buy & Sell section.

It would be a bad forum if there weren't any of such guides, right? I suggest you take your time to carefully and thoroughly browse through the forum, try to comprehend the structure. Common starting points:
Newbies Corner - Do pay attention to sticky threads (yellow background)
Within the same section: Articles and Guides - a comprehensive collection of various postings, aiming to summarize common knowledge in a structured way.
Digital Darkroom - all about post processing
Clubsnap Galleries - pictures and discussions about various special topics.
Furthermore: Night Photography,
Best starting point: Forum Overview. Don't forget to scroll down :)

Haha ! thank you so much for your advice !
I would surely look through all of them one by one .
erm, for the photograph galleries right, am I able to take those pictures?
i mean, post on facebook and put who it is from.