Green L Filters from EBay

normanho23

Jun 1, 2010
Woodlands / Jurong East
Who has used Green L filters (UV or CPL) before? Any comments?

Do they really slow down the focusing time?

Was surfing thru Ebay for some filters and lens hood and came across this brand of fiters. Not sure good or not but pricing is cheap. Less than $10 for a CPL....

Was surfing thru Ebay for some filters and lens hood and came across this brand of fiters. Not sure good or not but pricing is cheap. Less than $10 for a CPL....

The better ones would be from Hoya/Kenko/B+W . . .

Go to Mass Sale. I think two seller has them.

For filters, very frequently you get what you pay for. Never heard of Green L before, but my guess is that a CPL that cheap will have flare/ghosting issues (not multi-coated, or very poorly coated), and colour cast/hue issue. Someone even said here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595067 that he got double images.

You can buy it, but just be aware that such issues may exist. If it seems fine to you, great. If the flaws bother you (and that may not happen right away), just be prepared to write it off and buy another CPL.

If it affects focusing, maybe it's not even a CPL but a linear polariser instead. Though I seem to remember reading somewhere that Pentax AF has no problem with linear polarisers, can't be sure.

For filters, very frequently you get what you pay for. Never heard of Green L before, but my guess is that a CPL that cheap will have flare/ghosting issues (not multi-coated, or very poorly coated), and colour cast/hue issue. Someone even said here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595067 that he got double images.

You can buy it, but just be aware that such issues may exist. If it seems fine to you, great. If the flaws bother you (and that may not happen right away), just be prepared to write it off and buy another CPL.

If it affects focusing, maybe it's not even a CPL but a linear polariser instead. Though I seem to remember reading somewhere that Pentax AF has no problem with linear polarisers, can't be sure.
Totally agree. Except for the FA limiteds, there is simply no bargin in photographic gear. You get what you pay for.

Green-L CPL decreases light but 1.333 stop. Is this normal?

Regards,
gibs