Greek Masterpieces fm the Louvres at our National Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
Saw this featured in Today paper today.

I would like to see the exhibition for $8. But anyone know if photography is allowed inside. And if yes, dunno if they allow you to set up a big a** tripod and shoot the exhibits to make the $8 worth it. :bigeyes::bsmilie:

From what I remember in many museums in Europe, they allow photo, but no flash, becos the UV from the flash would damage the paintings.

I would like to see the exhibition for $8. But anyone know if photography is allowed inside. And if yes, dunno if they allow you to set up a big a** tripod and shoot the exhibits to make the $8 worth it. :bigeyes::bsmilie:

From what I remember in many museums in Europe, they allow photo, but no flash, becos the UV from the flash would damage the paintings.

Sounds interesting... Might wan to give them a call to check first. I last went to museum and the sign of no camera outside most exhibits sort of turn me off... Nevertheless worth a try to ask ($8 leh)

While "worth" is a subjective thing, I would suggest that one not judge it by the no of pictures one is allowed to take.

Seeing rare exhibits for $8 is already far far cheaper than the entry fee of any museum in the West.

Just went to the exhibition yesterday. It was really well worth the $8 that I paid. In fact I felt that what was offered is worth more than my $8.

Photography is strictly not allowed. As it was a weekday, there were not many people but there was a security personnel making his rounds every now and then to make sure that everything is in order and there are CCTVs around, so there will not be a chance to snap any pictures.

Go take a look at the 100 over exhibits they have, they are really :thumbsup:

Just went to the exhibition yesterday. It was really well worth the $8 that I paid. In fact I felt that what was offered is worth more than my $8.

Photography is strictly not allowed. As it was a weekday, there were not many people but there was a security personnel making his rounds every now and then to make sure that everything is in order and there are CCTVs around, so there will not be a chance to snap any pictures.

Go take a look at the 100 over exhibits they have, they are really :thumbsup:

Thanks Galdor for the report. As I have not been to the museum since it reopened after the extensive renovation, I will try to go after Christmas. Never mind if No Photo.

Thanks Galdor for the report. As I have not been to the museum since it reopened after the extensive renovation, I will try to go after Christmas. Never mind if No Photo.

Cool bro. Enjoy the trip there. I've checked with the authorities there. Photography is allowed on the in-house exhibits as in exhibits owned by the Museum, but for guest exhibits (exhibits on loan or invited by the Museum) we cannot shoot.

Anyway, I liked the dome-shaped roof of the museum, look up when you enter the main entrance. It's very nice and photos are allowed on that. ;)

Cool bro. Enjoy the trip there. I've checked with the authorities there. Photography is allowed on the in-house exhibits as in exhibits owned by the Museum, but for guest exhibits (exhibits on loan or invited by the Museum) we cannot shoot.

Anyway, I liked the dome-shaped roof of the museum, look up when you enter the main entrance. It's very nice and photos are allowed on that. ;)

OKie, thanks Galdor for the info. I am on leave on 26dec. I will bring my WA lens to shoot the architecture of the Museum as well. Was there during the construction, seen some pictuures of it - got to see it. :)

OKie, thanks Galdor for the info. I am on leave on 26dec. I will bring my WA lens to shoot the architecture of the Museum as well. Was there during the construction, seen some pictuures of it - got to see it. :)

You're welcome bro. It's so beautiful after the renovation. Got to see it. Enjoy your trip & visit bro. :)

Well, I make a trip there on Saturday. I have to say it's a very rare sight to see so many ancient artifacts. It really showed how much Greeks has influenced our modern world, their art, culture, sports and etc. Well worth the $8 spent!

I just went to the National museum today to catch the Greek exhibition.The $8 price is ok I guess for this type of exhibition.

Went yesterday... was open house at the museum. Think the exhibitions were pretty okay.. nothing spectacular about them. Preferred walking around the "Food" gallery upstairs though (before dinner la... )

i went and i was warned " NO PHOTOGRAPHY " by the staff :think:

the show is about stone statues of heros and gods, some clothes, pots, flower vases of ancient Greek

Hey all, i went today, and asked the museum personnel in the exhibition and was told: "Photography is allowed, but no flash and no tripod please."

So i had a great time shooting the statues.. will post some pics when i'm free.. :)

Yah, I went to the exhibition today and the staff told me "photography is allowed, but no flash" before I even ask.

And note that, if photography is not allowed, an icon of a camera with close flash is displayed, but if just no flash is allowed, an icon of a camera with popped up flash is displayed.

The ticket is $4 for students and the pieces are fantastic. You should visit the exhibition, it worths the time spending there.

I took some great photos (they are great to me :D). You can take a look at some on my flickr to have an idea what is exhibited inside

http://www.flickr.com/photos/quocviet0327/

Was near Museum today, thought I go in and take a look as well. Here are my captures.

2188579611_b586d164ed_o.jpg

2188579695_6f77c23937_o.jpg

2188579767_45d6555e1b_o.jpg

2189367422_fd723980be_o.jpg

2189367496_1f0ee594e1_o.jpg

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.