Greece - Please share your experience with me :)

efyap

Dec 29, 2008
Singapore
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of heading down to Greece in a month's time. If you've been there before, can share your experiences with me, including your itinerary?

How do you travel around? Safe to do free & easy? Where do you stay? What shots did you take (very important!)?

Thanks!
E Fang

My mum just came back from Greece.. Lots of pickpockets, becareful...

Hi all, I just got back from Greece. The weather's turning warm now and the human crowd's starting to come in. I've a WIND sim card (data only). If you're heading for Greece shortly, can get the card from me. It's better to have mobile Internet compared to hunting for free Wifi in hotels and cafe :)

Welcome back! How was your trip? I will be making my way to athens soon plus santorini and crete. Hope you didnt encounter any pickpockets ;) i am sure that will surely spoil anybody's trip. Btw, where did you stay in athens? City center or close to tbe ruins?8

Sorry to have een this thread so late .

Anyway been to Greece in Sep 09

Athens .. I stayed at city center area ..near symataga MRT station .
Stay 2 nights can see the sight liao

Santorini & Mykonos are the islands I visited . Very very nice ..hould have stayed more day . Do rent the ATV to get around the islands and also try the Vinsanto on Santorini .

heard Rome was worse

In Greece, 80,000 people took to the streets of Athens on Sunday night to protest against the austerity measures.

Be prepared mentally, not to be in shock and stay away from troubled area. Otherwise, enjoy the trip. The usual safety measures apply - take good care of belongings, be alert and stay away from alleys and dark street and etc and etc.